PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at-risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position;
Reporting to the Technical Advisor, the SBCC Manager will be required to develop, implement and measure VMMC communication and demand creation strategies at national level. Managing day to day demand generation activities, this role is integral to driving VMMC outputs through ensuring effective communications and community mobilization campaigns. The incumbent works closely with the service delivery manager to ensure alignment between service delivery and demand creation plans. The role is also responsible for program communication material development and is custodian for full compliance with USAID branding and marking plan. Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Oversee development and implementation of PSI Malawi VMMC Demand Creation Strategy
- Lead the development of a vibrant, responsive and dynamic VMMC Demand Creation and Social Mobilization
- Lead the development, testing and implementation of innovative VMMC demand creation
- Lead the development, testing and implementation of VMMC demand creation training curricula and supporting job
- Initiates and participates in evaluation of targeted demand generation strategies and assessment activities with the goal of improving project
- Consolidates and provides input for weekly, monthly, and quarterly VMMC reports demonstrating progress and highlighting key insights on demand creation strategies/approaches.
- Steward the integration of new SBCC approaches including, Empathy, Innovation and (EIP) to enhance program performance.
- Lead documentation of VMMC success stories to be shared with stakeholders including MoH and
- Lead process of developing new demand creation materials, provider behavior materials and information dissemination tools, drawing on existing PSI and MoH resources.
- Oversees development of VMMC communication campaigns and mass media
- Oversees development and distribution of campaign and IEC
- Develops media placement plans and coordinates campaign implementation e. media placement plans, social media content plans in line with the agreed media budget
- Plans strategies and designs activities to establish and maintain brand presence in the market and creates crowds for ease of IPC (eg roadshows, football bonanzas, flash mobs)
- Work with the MERL team to generate and use evidence in development of VMMC SBCC
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have a degree in public health, communication, behavioural or social sciences, or any related field with at least 3 years’ experience in the management, implementation, and assessments of SBCC strategies in a large-scale Those with Master degree will have an added advantage
- Proven ability in building capacity and fostering good communication of a diverse
- Demonstrated experience in writing project success
- NGO experience preferred
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft software
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and willing to take initiative to support team members
- Strong writing skills and experience drafting reports required
- Fluency in English required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license required
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 5 th December, 2021 , to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] with the job title as a subject line .
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.