The National Association for People Living with HIV/AIDS in Malawi (NAPHAM) is a non-governmental organization established in 1993 that exists to promote and advocate for availability of and access to quality and equitable HIV, social and economic services including political participation for PLHIV, vulnerable populations and their communities in Malawi.
NAPHAM is a network of support groups of people living with HIV whose Head Office is in Area 14, Lilongwe, and continues to operate in all the 28 districts of Malawi. In an effort to continue contributing positively to HIV national response and sustaining the gains and accelerating progress towards epidemic control, with funding from USAID through MANASO, NAPHAM is looking for a well-qualified and highly motivated person to fill the following post:
PROJECT OFFICER (to be based at Head Office)
Under the overall supervision of the Executive Director and directly reporting to the Programmes Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for effective and efficient coordination, reporting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, of Pamodzi project which is being implemented in Lilongwe, Blantyre, Zomba and Mulanje.
- Develop and review technically sound project workplans and activities consistent with the goals and objectives of Pamodzi project;
- Coordinate and facilitate effective and efficient implementation of the project activities in line with approved project document and the budget.
- Preparation and submission of quality activity, monthly, quarterly and annual narrative reports which comply with USAID reporting standards and requirements;
- Provide technical and project support to district offices and support groups on HIV and AIDS issues in order to strengthen their capacity;
- Promote a positive profile of the project and the organization and good understanding among other sectors, partners and the communities we work in;
- Facilitate capacity building interventions for the beneficiaries, members of staff and key stakeholders;
- Identify key partners and stakeholders in the project impact areas for networking and collaboration;
- Coordinate and facilitate resource mobilization including proposal writing;
- Develop and strengthen monitoring visits and evaluation procedure for the projects
- Maintain and review NAPHAM monitoring and evaluation system as well as data management, analysis and utilization on HIV and AIDS related issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The applicant must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Community Development, Development Studies or any relevant Social Sciences
- Have at least two years of managing or implementing HIV and AIDS programmes and other related programmes within Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Be a self-starter, hard worker, able to meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision;
- Have good organizational and facilitation skills; effective writing and interpersonal communication skills;
- Have computer skills and experience in Excel, Word, Power Point and internet is a must;
- Have experience in proposal development and monitoring and evaluation
- Have good networking skills, and be a team worker;
- Have a clear understanding and knowledge of USAID guidelines for project implementation;
- Have supervisory skills and experience and be able to work on multiple tasks;
Interested applicants should send an application letter with copies of their academic and professional certificates and detailed CV indicating names of 3 traceable referees to:
The Executive Director
NAPHAM Head Office
Email: [email protected]
NB: Indicate the title of the post you are applying for on an envelope.
Closing date for applications is 29th November, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will