Procurement and Administration
- Sourcing and procurement of goods, works and services in accordance with good procurement practices and laid down procedures and guidelines according to TechnoServe policies and procedures
- Collaborating with user projects and staff in the preparation of a consolidated procurement plan to ensure timely provision of goods and services.
- Preparation of solicitation documents, raising Purchase Orders, and enquiries for goods, works and services in liaison with user projects and undertake the appropriate bidding process. This includes negotiating prices, delivery and after sale services with vendors
- Preparation of bid evaluation reports, contracts and other related procurement documentation
- Maintain vendor/suppliers contracts and contact lists from the approved pre-selected vendor list ensuring that they meet the minimum requirements to be on the suppliers list. This also involves conducting premises visits to monitor and evaluate supplier/vendor
- Maintenance of sound Procurement records/documentation and preparation of procurement status reports including expediting of orders to ensure timely delivery and processing of payments.
- Assist in the clearance of shipments from customs or any other government body in collaboration with appropriate staff in Malawi and at the regional office
- Ensuring that all office equipment is captured in the inventory as soon as such have been delivered to TechnoServe Malawi.
- Lead the annual inventory counts with the Finance Department.
- Ensure materials and services supplied meet established standards, survey markets for latest trends in prices, availability, delivery and quality, and ensure that applicable policies, practices and procedures are understood and complied by suppliers.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
Supervise the Head Driver to ensure
- vehicle use and driver schedules are coordinated, ensuring all program and administrative vehicle needs are met
- monthly vehicle logs are up to-date and adhered to by staff, according to TechnoServe policies and procedures
- vehicles are maintained in excellent running order and have necessary licenses and registrations
- Serve as focal point person for office maintenance and cleaning service providers
- Make travel arrangements for staff, volunteers and consultants using approved vendors
- Support logistical arrangements for events, renting of premises, arrangement of accommodation, transportation, coordination with participants and invited experts;
- Serve as office receptionist, welcoming visitors and answering calls when necessary
- Assist the HR and Administration Manager with specific duties as assigned
- Prepare/assist with drafting other official correspondence
- Other administrative tasks as required
Detail Oriented : Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player : Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated : Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com .