Looking for 4 skilled metal fabricators.
GENERAL JOB STATEMENT: Lay out and execute the construction of metal works based on drawings.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read, interpret, and build from construction drawings as assigned by Foreman.
• Interpret and build from sketches, photos, video, or other media as assigned by Foreman.
• Lay out steel construction efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy prior to welding.
• Measuring, cutting, and bending of steel components for construction.
• Steel cleaning and cleaning supervision when working with workshop interns.
• Operation of the all of the following equipment; MIG welder, drill press, Press Brakes, Hydraulic Shear, horizontal band saw, portable band saw, abrasive saw, angle grinder, roller bender, tap & die.
• Participate in scenic transfers to and from warehouses, theatres, and rehearsal halls as needed.
• Willingness to transfer to carpentry shop when steel work is light.
• Participation in all show load-ins and load-outs.
• Work in a safe, efficient, and organized manner.
If interested please send your application and CV to [email protected] or P.O. Box 1215, Lilongwe.
Thanthwe is an equal employment opportunity organization based on merit.