Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for an HR & Administration Officer to be based in Lilongwe, Malawi. This is a fixed term one year year contract, renewal of contract is subject to availability of funding.
What we are looking for
- Degree in Human Resources or related field with substantial knowledge and experience of general human resource management with expertise in providing a superior, proactive, business focused service
- Experience in creating a learning and sharing environment.
- Working knowledge of Malawi labour law and its application.
- Able to manage and develop other people’s professional standards and potential.
- Good knowledge and experience of using tools and methodologies for conducting needs analysis, training programme development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to build strong, credible relationships with internal and external individuals and organizations.
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with strong influencing and persuasive skills.
- A high level of self-awareness, personal energy, and flexibility. Ability to work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner, adjusting to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Knowledge of Malawi in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Fluency in spoken and written local languages.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly, at times at short notice, locally, regionally and internationally
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Malawi, to act as key contributor to the business support team, to work with a group of passionate people, opportunities in training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme . In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.oxfam.org.uk .