Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘ A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population.
With funding from Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The PIVOT Project in Blantyre, Zomba, Chiradzulu, Mwanza, Thyolo and Central West Zone districts. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of HIV Diagnostic Assistant Supervisor (2)tenable in Chiradzulu and Blantyre
Reporting to the Project Officer, the HIV Diagnostic Assistant Supervisor ensures compliance to the HIV Testing Services guidelines and protocols
- Supervises HIV Diagnostic Assistants in project activities implementation
- Mentors and builds the capacity of HIV Diagnostic Assistants
- Providing clients with IEC materials related to HIV and AIDS, STI, FP and PMTCT
- Maintaining quality assurance in HIV Testing Services
- Planning and coordinating Project activities,
- Monitor, evaluate and control the implementation of HTS services provided by HIV Diagnostic Assistants
- Ensures effective communication channels are maintained among staff,
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a Certificate in HTS Supervision from Ministry of Health
- Diploma in Public Health, Social Sciences, HIV and AIDS Management, Community Development or any other Health related will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in HTS
- A valid Class A Driver’s License
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office
- Able to write activity reports
- A team player
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact cellphone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 15 th December, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.