MACRO is a locally registered Non-Governmental organisation (NGO) that was established in 1995 to compliment government efforts in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. Our vision is “ A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social well-being “and the mission is “to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population ”.
With funding from Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, MACRO is implementing Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The PIVOT Project in eight districts of Blantyre, Zomba, Thyolo, Mwanza, Chiradzulo, Dedza, Mchinji and Ntcheu. Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of HIV Diagnostic Assistant Supervisor – 2 (Ntcheu and Blantyre)
Reporting to the Project Officer, the HIV Diagnostic Assistant Supervisor ensures compliance to the HIV Testing Services guidelines and protocols
- Must have a Certificate in HTS Supervision from Ministry of Health
- Diploma in Public Health, Social Sciences, HIV and AIDS Management, Community Development or any other Health related will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in HTS
- A valid Class A Driver’s License
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office
- Able to write activity reports
- A team player
- Supervises HIV Diagnostic Assistants in project activities implementation
- Mentors and builds the capacity of HIV Diagnostic Assistants
- Providing clients with IEC materials related to HIV and AIDS, STI, FP and PMTCT
- Maintaining quality assurance in HIV Testing Services
- Planning and coordinating Project activities,
- Monitor, evaluate and control the implementation of HTS services provided by HIV Diagnostic Assistants
- Ensures effective communication channels are maintained among staff
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational and professional qualifications, names and contact details of least three traceable referees addressed to The Executive Director, MACRO, P.O. Box 797, Lilongwe by email to [email protected] . Closing date for receiving applications is Thursday 15 th July, 2021 . Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.