Finance Manager-Malawi nationals only – ( 210000DE )
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As Finance Manager for a large-scale USAID-funded project, you will be responsible for and serve as primary coordinator for all aspects of project finance, administration, compliance, and sub-award management. You will ensure a high level of resource stewardship, strict financial accountability and financial risk management while ensuring the effectiveness and robustness of the Country Program (CP) and relevant partners’ financial management systems, processes, and practices in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You anticipate and manage financial management services needs and delivery challenges, and identify and implement improvement solutions, as needed, to minimize CP and partners’ exposure to financial risk.
This position is contigent upon funding.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
· Develop and manage financial processes in accordance with policies and provide proactive service delivery, advice, and support to managers, staff, and subrecipients in relation to managing the whole project cycle (Design, Start-up, Implementation, Close-out), ensuring efficiency and compliance with CRS’ policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
-Work with the Chief of Party (COP) on integrated management of all project finances to ensure effective use of resources in order to achieve program objectives in compliance with donor requirements.
· Provide direction and coordination of effective budget development and management (Annual Program Plans and project budgets), ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial data and safeguarding of resources.
-Plan, integrate, coordinate, and monitor day-to-day project operations to ensure all support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner. Address issues where operations support needs to be adapted for complex programming.
· Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
· Oversee the performance of accurate reporting procedures and timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholders (CP managers, Regional Office, HQ/Finance, donors, local government entities).
· Lead assessment of staff and subrecipients’ financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed, and monitor and measure impact.
· Lead efforts to close audit financial management findings in a timely and sustainable way.
Required Languages – English
Travel – Must be willing to travel up to 15 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
· Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations highly preferred.
· Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
· Staff management experience.
· Strong experience in presenting and facilitating on financial management topics.
· Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software highly preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities : Operations and technical staff
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Chief of Party, Oprations and tecnical staff
External: Donor, implementing partners, government and other stakeholders
· B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent). MBA or Master’s degree in related field with a focus on Accounting preferred. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly preferred.
· Minimum of five years experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer : This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location : SARO-MW-Lilongwe
Job : Finance
Organization : Catholic Relief Services
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jul 2, 2021, 10:59:31 AM
To apply for this job please visit crs.taleo.net .