Lead Organization: Greenlivelihoods
Project/Activity name : Moringa Value Chain Enterprise Development (MOVED) Activity in Malawi
Greenlivelihoods (GL) is a Malawian based non-for-profit organization that champions green development and value chains development and its commercialization processes for increased sustainable economic opportunities of the poor and marginalized but business-bankable people via cooperative and/or group orchestrated programming. With funding from Unites States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Malawi, GL is leading the implementation of a two year project entitled Moringa Value Chain Enterprise Development (MOVED) Activity in Salima district. This project is being implementation in partnership with Nutri Products and Moringa Malawi (The Seed Masters) in collaboration with the Government of Malawi.
The main objective of MOVED Project is to contribute to increased investment portfolio for rural economic growth, improved food-income security and ensure reduced vulnerability of small-scale farmers to the effects of climate change in Salima district by 2023.
MOVED Project will pursue the following areas of specific objectives (SOs):
SO1) Increasing community-household ‘investment-financial capital ‘through promotion of market inclusive and commercialization of Moringa integrated value chain businesses. SO2) Increasing household economic, environmental and health security through Moringa integrated agroforestry farming and cooperative approached investments.
The project will recruit Finance & Administration Assistant to assist Finance Manager to manage day to day activities in the Finance Office.
Reporting to Finance Manager
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining payment and receipts cash books, ledgers and all relevant documentation records.
- Managing petty cash float and disbursing properly and timely including processing the recouping of float.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements as well as reconciliation of direct deposits and maintaining relevant books of accounting and ledgers and producing relevant periodic reports.
- Filing accounting documents such as deposit slips, paid vouchers and all relevant documents and maintaining an efficient filling system.
- Participating in preparing and recording payment vouchers and cheques and preparing the daily voucher list and Cheque dispatch list
- Assist in the preparation of financial records for external audit.
- Assisting in managing office services relating to fleet management, records management, office equipment, utility services, office property, and overseeing their maintenance.
- Supervising and controlling administration support staff such as Receptionist, Drivers and collaborating for oversight with the supervisor of Project security guards and cleaners.
- Coordinating and monitoring utility usage of office electricity, telephones, water, consumables, vehicles, fuel and stationary.
- Handling employee welfare services such as sickness, and funeral.
- Ensuring that vehicle insurances are renewed, and all road documentation are up to date and maintaining vehicle records and allocating vehicles for errands and monitoring fuel consumption and vehicle performance.
- Any other duties relevant as signed from time to time
- Minimum Diploma in Accounting (ACCA or ICAM)
- 3 years’ relevant experience working in NGO set up, working with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with spreadsheets and QUICK BOOKS accounting software is required.
How to apply
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience above should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), relevant copies of Certificates, three traceable referees, include the job title to:
P.O. Box 338
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 13th August, 2021. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Greenlivelihoods thanks all applicants for their interest.