DRIVER/OFFICE ASSISTANT IN MZUZU
An exciting and challenging opportunity is available within Old Mutual Life Assurance Co. (Ltd).
Applications are invited to fill the vacant position of Driver/Office Assistant tenable in Mzuzu. The incumbent will be responsible for the proper and safe utilisation of vehicles and providing transportation for members of staff on duty and official visitors airport shuttle.
Key result areas.
- Provide transportation for staff members on duty both within and outside Mzuzu.
- Airport passenger pick ups.
- Assist in sourcing of quotations for office purchases.
- Purchase and deliver office items as requested from time to time (eg beverages, stationery etc).
- Manage a flawless mail control record
- Collect and deliver mail through post office.
- Manage and reconcile stamp machine for replenish.
- Deliver mail to different clients.
- Ensure opening of offices.
- Ensure that offices including washrooms & Kitchen are clean and liaise with vendor accordingly.
- Serve hot and cold water to the Executive wing and ensure cleanliness of all utensils.
- Ensure office security by checking that there arc enough security guards before leaving office premises.
- Monitor vehicle mileage and service company vehicles
- Ensure that pool car has fuel, water. oil and is always in good condition.
- Update the logbook for all vehicles. renewal of vehicle tax and other papers
- Daily banking of cheques and cash (not big amounts)
- Operate switchboard in the absence of office staff.
- Receive visitors and direct them to the right offices.
Requirements for the role
- Minimum of MSCE.
- Valid driving licence.
- Clear driving record
- Good verbal communication in English.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
• Those trained in defensive driving will have an added advantage
• Those with experience as messenger will also have an added advantage.
• Ability to Understand and follow procedures of each client when making delivery
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to write and speak English.
• Team spirit.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Method of application:
Interested persons with relevant qualifications and experience should visit our website
Make sure you upload your motivational letter, updated CV with three traceable referees, copies of relevant certificates including national ID.
Note: Manual applications will not be accepted.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday (17:00hrs), 31st December 2021.