Lead Organization: Greenlivelihoods
Project/Activity name : Moringa Value Chain Enterprise Development (MOVED) Activity in Malawi
Greenlivelihoods (GL) is a Malawian based non-for-profit organization that champions green development and value chains development and its commercialization processes for increased sustainable economic opportunities of the poor and marginalized but business-bankable people via cooperative and/or group orchestrated programming. With funding from Unites States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Malawi, GL is leading the implementation of a two year project entitled Moringa Value Chain Enterprise Development (MOVED) Activity in Salima district. This project is being implementation in partnership with Nutri Products and Moringa Malawi (The Seed Masters) in collaboration with the Government of Malawi.
The main objective of MOVED Project is to contribute to increased investment portfolio for rural economic growth, improved food-income security and ensure reduced vulnerability of small-scale farmers to the effects of climate change in Salima district by 2023.
MOVED Project will pursue the following areas of specific objectives (SOs):
SO1) Increasing community-household ‘investment-financial capital ‘through promotion of market inclusive and commercialization of Moringa integrated value chain businesses. SO2) Increasing household economic, environmental and health security through Moringa integrated agroforestry farming and cooperative approached investments.
The project will recruit a project Driver who will be driving staff and partners on project assignment and workshops including managing maintenance planning and records of the project vehicle (s).
Main purpose of the job : reporting to the Finance and Administration Assistant, the Driver shall be responsible for providing logistical support and clerical errands of the project.
- Driving Project staff and visitors during official assignments.
- Providing necessary vehicle physical check-ups on daily basis before leaving and upon return into the office premises to ensure that the vehicles are kept in good running condition.
- Ensures cleanliness of the vehicles at all times both inside and outside.
- Maintain the log book for the vehicle under your charge and keep it up to date.
- Following schedule of COF, Insurance and schedule of routine and preventive servicing under his/her charge.
- Collects and deliver mails to various stakeholders including loading and offloading the items picked.
- Performs minor vehicle repairs and arrange for other major repairs and reporting of breakdown and accidents.
- Assists with office clerical duties.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Valid defensive driving licence
- Mechanical knowledge will have added advantage
- Relevant 5 years of work experience in a busy work environment
How to apply
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience above should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), relevant copies of Certificates, three traceable referees, include the job title to:
P.O. Box 338
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 13th August, 2021. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Greenlivelihoods thanks all applicants for their interest.