World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. It is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. It is a child focused organization and its goal is sustained wellbeing of (150 million) children within families and communities especially the most vulnerable.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for employment with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision International in Malawi is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the vacant Position under a Child Protection Grant-Building Safe, Resilient and Inclusive communities. The project is to be implemented in the two districts of Lilongwe and Blantyre for an initial period of one year.
If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
DRIVER AND MECHANIC (Grade 9) – 1 Position based at the National Office in Lilongwe.
Purpose of the position:
To provide driving services to Staff in accordance with WV policies, procedures and guidelines and also provide guidance on the performance of vehicles and ensure that the vehicles are road worthy at all times in order to enhance delivery of Child Well Being Objectives.
1. Driving & Logistical services
• Transport WV officers or any authorized visitor/partner whilst discharging duties of WVM
• Transport project materials and equipment to project sites.
• Ensure safety of materials in transit at all times.
• Ensure that all passengers on the vehicle have fastened their seat belts
• Drive WV vehicles within WV vehicular travel time & speed limit or within government regulated speeds.
• Observe driving professional ethics & etiquette whilst driving such as no answering of phone calls, talking that compromises driving concentration
2. Vehicular roadworthiness & compliance
• Ensure that the driven WV vehicle has WV logo pasted on it and has working GPS, security
gadgets, fire extinguisher and first aid box.
• Ensure that driven vehicle is fueled using the appropriate card and that fuel is recorded in the logbook.
• Ensure that all trips are approved and recorded in the logbooks and ensure regular communication with the immediate supervisor.
• Advise management on due dates for Certificate of Fitness (CoF), insurance or service requirements.
3. Vehicular Performance Monitoring & Maintenance
• Provide minor maintenance such as change oil & fixing minor vehicular problems that do not require specialized service.
• Lead in monitoring vehicle performance to ensure that the vehicles are sent for major maintenance and repairing when due.
• Keep the vehicle under his/her care clean and in excellent operational condition
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Minimum Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
• Valid driver’s license
• Certificate in Vehicle Maintenance
• Defensive Driving certificate
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in a busy working environment
• Good knowledge of car mechanics,
• A working knowledge of fax machine, photocopier and telephone preferred.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the road network.
• Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• Ability to prioritise work in relation to need and urgency
• Well demonstrated Christian Commitment
• Good communication skills
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three
traceable referees to: [email protected] not later than 14th January 2021. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Free Line 847; [email protected]