Partners in Hope (PIH) is a Malawian, Christ-centered, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2001 on a robust commitment to support the National HIV and AIDS Response in Malawi. PIH has a Medical Centre that operates a general clinic (Dalitso); inpatient ward (Thandizo); an HIV and AIDS clinic (Moyo); and providing support to Ministry of Health, CHAM and Private health facilities in Nine districts. PIH was awarded a Cooperative
Agreement No: 72061221CA00010 “Client-Oriented Response for HIV Epidemic Control (CORE) Activity Component One (1)” by the United States of America PEPFAR through USAID. This award is for HIV Care and Treatment implementation in 9 districts: Scale up (Mulanje, Chikwawa and Lilongwe) Sustained (Nsanje, Dowa, Kasungu,
Nkhotakota, Karonga, and Chitipa). Under the CORE Cooperative Agreement, PIH is seeking to recruit highly motivated individuals in various positions to be deployed in various locations:
DRIVER (9) – ACROSS 9 DISTRICTS
The Driver will be responsible for safe driving of vehicles in various locations where Partners in Hope is implementing its programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive carefully at all times to ensure safety of passengers, other road users and the assigned vehicle.
- Keep accurate records of all trips in the vehicle logbooks and submitting a month end summary of vehicle usage to the supervisor.
- Develop and follow approved maintenance schedule for PIH vehicles
Return vehicles to designated secured compound at the end of the day. This includes ensuring that vehicles
are returned before it is dark unless permitted by the supervisor.
- Ensure that seat belts are used at all times while driving both by you and passengers.
- Ensure that vehicles are clean and tidy at all times
- Follow all applicable Vehicle use and Traffic laws
Report any accidents, faults, incidents or injuries involving the vehicle or its passengers to the Transport Officer
- Report any fault to the supervisor as soon as possible
- Ensure adequate fueling of the vehicle at all times
- Ensure that vehicles are properly registered and have all the necessary equipment/tools
- Minimum academic qualification of Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- Must have a defensive driving certificate
- Driving license class C1, those with PG category will have an added advantage.
- Mechanical experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience of having worked with a reputable organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English is essential
- Ability to operate a 4×4 vehicle with good eyesight, having sober habits and good interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience above should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), relevant copies of Certificates, three traceable referees, include the job title and deliver their applications either by hand/ Post to:
The Human Resource Manager
Partners in Hope
P.O. Box 302.
Or e-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for receiving application is Thursday, 5th August, 2021. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Partners In Hope thanks all applicants for their interest.