Partners in Health (PIH) is a non-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH has programs in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Kazakhstan and Boston. PIH began working in Malawi in 2007, where today we support the Ministry of Health (MOH) to serve a catchment area of 165,000 through 12 health centers and two hospitals in partnership with our sister organizations.
Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (APZU) is in Neno District and we seek to recruit suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following position:
Position : Driver
Reports to : Transport Officer
Commitment : Full Time (Monday-Friday, some weekends)
Working Hours : Regular Office Hours (40Hrs/Week)
Location : Upper Neno, Malawi
Partners In Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU) seeks the services of a Driver for the “No Woman or Girl Left Behind” program.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary responsibility for the driver will be to safely and timely transport staff members, patients and their guardians, organization’s goods and other individuals as designated by the employer, whenever necessary. That’s the day to day duties will include:-
- Driving organization vehicles for program activities
- Respond to driver’s planning and scheduling as provided for by the Transport Officer or the substitute.
- Monitoring fuel use in project vehicles and alerting the Head Driver of low fuel levels.
- Checking the condition of the vehicle every morning and informing the Transport Officer immediately of any problems that requires attention, repair or replacement.
- Checking that vehicles are in good working order, including checking tire inflation, oil and other fluid levels, air and oil filters
- Making sure that vehicles are kept clean and presentable
- Making sure that all systems installed in the vehicle are working
- Making sure that all fuel/oil purchase policies, travel documentation and passenger guidelines are followed at all times
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Attribute and Experience Required
• A valid driving license with completion of Defensive Driving course is required
• Previous professional experience as a Driver for at least 3-5 years
• Should be a holder of MSCE
• Candidates must have an outstanding command of English and Chichewa, in both speaking and in writing
• Recent Certificate of Good Conduct
• Willingness to live and work full-time in a rural setting
• Willingness to work at odd hours and on weekends as required
• The person should be friendly and enjoy working with people
Benefits & Remuneration
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified and interested persons should apply to the address below, enclosing their cover letter; copies of relevant certificates and Curriculum Vitae indicating three names of traceable referees with valid telephone numbers and email addresses not later than 3rd September, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Director of Human Resources
Partners In Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU)
P.O. Box 56
P.O. Box 1774
Email: [email protected]
NB: Partners In Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU) is is an equal opportunity employer, so, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, tribe, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment.
Partners In Health/Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU) is committed to safeguarding staff, children and communities with whom we work. We are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work-
including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks.