CCAP Nkhoma Synod Health Department invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced applicants for the positions of Driver tenable at Nkhoma Mission Hospital under Eye Department. This is a three-year (36 months) Employment Contract subject to renewal based on overall efficiency, conduct and diligence with which the employee is discharging his/her duties as well as the overall performance and availability of funds.
DRIVER – GRADE N
- Driving Hospital Ambulances and other utility vehicles as assigned.
- Checking oil, water, pressure, mirrors, licences, insurances, gauges, before starting off.
- Ferrying patients from and to the Hospital.
- Driving staff on duty.
- Making sure the vehicle is road worthy i.e it has triangle reflectors, jerk, wheel spanner, fire extinguisher, first aid box, functioning hooter, working lights, etc.
- Ensuring that vehicles are securely locked and parked at safe places within the hospital premises.
- Checking oil, water, pressure, mirrors, licences, insurances, gauges, before starting off and provide reports of any anomalies.
- Prompting reporting of any fault observed on the vehicle he/she is driving.
- Providing reports on vehicles attracting unusually high maintenance costs.
- Providing mileage and amount of fuel used per vehicle.
- Making sure that each vehicle always has a vehicle logbook and they are properly, accurately and consistently filled in.
- Preparing vehicles for COF and for service.
- Ensuring accidents are promptly reported and proper post-accident procedures are followed.
- Preparing vehicle accidents reports and submit them to supervisor / Head Driver.
- Following up on Police Vehicle accidents reports
- Making sure that passengers (patients, staff and clients) aboard the vehicle have put on seat belts.
- Washing and dump-dusting vehicles
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE).
2. Valid Driver’s Licence (PG Class).
3. Certificate in Defensive Driving.
4. Two years’ relevant job experience.
5. Ability to plan and organize his/her work independently.
6. Good character with sober habits and sound judgement skills.
7. Good health including good eye sight.
8. Proven level of integrity and honesty.
Note: All applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod.
Applications must be submitted together with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae which should include names and detailed contacts of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 30th October, 2021.
The Human Resource Management Officer,
Nkhoma Mission Hospital,
P. O. Box 48,