Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of clients to and from various destinations in the country office. Assists clients during entry and exit from vehicles as necessary and other courtesies. Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of the vehicle; washes exterior and cleans interior; ensures maintenance and repair of the vehicle.
- Operates official vehicles to transport persons to and from specified destinations, as directed
- Maintains records of work performed and logistics such as fuel consumed; makes timely reports of accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
- Runs office errands as appropriate.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance, such as checking oil, water, and tires; reports any non-routine problems or malfunctioning equipment to the Senior Driver.
- Maintains official vehicles in a clean and hygienic state.
. Provides country information and other general assistance to official visitors.
- At least Secondary Education Certificate or equivalent and 5 years relevant experience.
- Must have a valid and clean drivers’ license
- Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations governing the operation of a passenger vehicle.
- Knowledge of the Greater Lilongwe area and surrounding areas, and key regional routes.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of basic first-aid preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.