This role was posted on October 14, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first week of posting.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all in this together. Are you looking for a role that will allow you to use your skills to join in accomplishing LMH’s mission of saving lives in the world’s most remote communities? If so, you may be our first Driver on LMH’s Malawi team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Driver provides reliable transportation service to LMH staff with safety as a top priority while ensuring that LMH vehicle policies are adhered to and updated as needed. The Driver is in constant communication with the team regarding vehicle movement, maintenance and repair needs, and suggestions for improved transportation processes. The driver will be flexible and will sometimes be required to work inconsistent hours and/or weekends.
What You’ll Do
- Drive LMH vehicles in and out of assigned sites, arriving at destinations safely, following safety protocol, and ensuring staff and guest compliance to safety protocol while in the vehicle
- Conduct daily checks to ensure vehicle cleanliness, functionality, and safety
- Check and timely report on vehicle licences and permits
- Ensure that LMH vehicle has necessary equipment e.g. spare tyre, tool box, first aid kit and other safety vehicle accessories
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets including the logbook, fuel records and refills, staff transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested by the Operations Manager
- Timely report any vehicle faults or repairs needed and fill out an appropriate report
- As far as your skills allow, aid mechanics to ensure the good maintenance of the vehicle
- Perform other tasks or responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the situation or supervisor
What You’ll Bring
- Valid driving licence (C1 or above)
- Malawi School Certificate Education
- At least three years as a Driver in a busy working environment
- Clean driving record and demonstration of safe driving techniques
- Experience driving for NGO/INGO within cities and districts
- Self-motivated with capacity to work both independently and with minimum supervision
- Cooperative, flexible and dependable
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have training in vehicle maintenance/as a mechanic
- You have a valid Defensive Driving Certificate
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: MWI-1
The salary range for this position is: $6,000 to $12,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
You can read more about your Malawi offerings here .
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit lastmilehealth.applytojob.com .