PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at-risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position;
Reporting to the Service Delivery and Capacity Building Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- Manage all program activities in the district including work plan development (annually, quarterly, and monthly).
- Coordinate and collaborate with district stakeholders (District Health Management Team, District Executive Committee) and other partners in planning and implementing program activities, including representing PSI during district stakeholders’ meetings.
- Participate in district planning meetings and ensure PSI projects are aligned with district priorities.
- Coordinate and plan for community entry meetings for PSI projects in the district.
- Conduct, monitor, and report activities for community dialogue meetings (parent dialogues and inter-generational dialogues) including follow up on action plans.
- Support, monitor, and report girl education activities including capacity building of mother groups.
- Facilitate mechanisms of reporting for safeguarding issues in collaboration with community structures.
- Facilitate all capacity building activities at district level.
- Supervise and mentor mobile outreach teams, Demand Creation/Youth Alert Officer, and ensure consistent availability of commodities for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights /Family Planning (SRHR/FP) services.
- Supervise and mentor Community Based Distribution Agents (CBDAs) and Health Surveillance Assistants (HSAs) trained in provision of family planning methods including Depo Subcutaneous (DMPA-SC) and ensure consistent availability of commodities.
- Facilitate monitoring, supervision, and assessment of youth friendly health services in service delivery points (CBDAs, outreach teams, and selected health facilities).
- Coordinate program inclusiveness for People with Disabilities.
Financial and Resource Management
- Manage program activity budgets, finances, and reports according to PSI standard operating procedures.
- Review requests/documents for outreach teams and Demand Creation/Youth Alert Officers before submitting to respective managers.
- Manage all resources at district level including fleet and fuel management including vehicle allocation, trip approvals within the district, and management of the driver, and organizations assets available at district level.
- Manage all district warehouse commodities and supplies according to PSI warehouse management protocols.
Program Branding and visibility
- Ensure visibility of the program at district level.
- Facilitate development and reviewing of key messages and delivery tools for demand creation with technical support from Reproductive Health Communications department.
- Provide feedback to communications department in the effectiveness of Information Education Communication (IEC)/promotional materials.
- Responsible for availability of adequate IEC and branding materials in the district.
- Conduct performance appraisals for team leader, Demand Creation/Youth Alert Officer.
- Approve work plans and leave plans for outreach team, Demand Creation/Youth Alert Officer.
Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor all activities for service delivery, demand creation, youth clubs, and comprehensive sexuality education to ensure effective and smooth running.
- Manage all program data for the district (service delivery, demand creation/youth alert, Community Health Workers) and utilize it for decision making at district level.
- Facilitate timely entry/submission of program data (service delivery, demand creation/youth alert, Community Health Workers) according to program timelines.
- Develop and timely submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to Capacity Building Manager on all program activities conducted in the district.
- Review performance reports from service delivery team and demand creation/youth alert before submission to respective managers.
- Conduct data verification for all service delivery points (outreach, demand creation/youth alert, community health workers) in collaboration with Ministry of Health personnel and make programmatic decision based on the findings.
- Prepare, present, and submit quarterly reports to District Executive Committee on program progress and status.
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have Bsc in Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Public Health, or any other health related area with at least 5 years proven experience in middle or lower management position in health-related area and at least 3 years of experience working in health sector programs, with focus on community-based SRHR service delivery.
- Good grasp of the current issues pertaining to Reproductive Health/FP and other Social Health issues in Malawi.
- Sound technical understanding of Malawi’s health interventions, especially SRHR/family planning.
- Skills in facilitating training activities for community-based health workers.
- Strong understanding of health system context, especially at the district level, including health supplies management for family planning.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate with a variety of collaborators, including district level managers, donors, technical assistance organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations and community-based organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and computer skills with high level of professionalism
- Self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Good report writing skills, including presentation skills.
- Good facilitation & negotiation skills
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 22 nd October, 2021 , to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] with the job title as a subject line.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.