COUNTRY PEOPLE MANAGER
VSO is an innovative International development organisation that contributes towards addressing poverty and disadvantage through the placement of International and National skilled professional volunteers with national partners.
In order to deliver our mandate, VSO Malawi seeks to recruit a Country People Manager. The position will be based in Lilongwe and will report to the Chief of Party, Unlocking Talent (UT) Project.
The People Manager will support in Human Resources business partnering and providing a high – quality people support services to Education projects for VSO in Malawi throughout the programme cycle to enable VSO people (employee and volunteers) to deliver the project successfully, strengthening project delivery through VSO volunteering for development. He/she will also line manage and provide a functional technical support to the people specialist team in country in alignment with VSO strategies, volunteering for development framework, operating plan, project implementation quality standards and performance management framework.
- Minimum of Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources Management, Public or Business Administration, Humanities or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of resourcing and HRM/ HR business partnering at senior level in a multi-cultural project team environment in a global organisation setting.
- Experience in organisation development, promoting organisation culture, induction management, learning and development, leadership development and people capacity building.
- Experience in managing complaints, duty of care and safeguarding to the highest international standards
- Knowledge of Malawi labor market.
- Understanding volunteering for development and knowledge in global volunteer standards.
- Understanding and commitment to data protection, confidentiality, equal opportunity, social inclusion, gender equity and diversity.
- Experience in investigation and disciplinary management.
- Leadership, team management and team engagement skills.
- Ability to lead, engage and develop others with skills in coaching, mentoring, facilitation, training, and accompaniment.
- Good problem solving, organisation, and prioritization skills.
- Good verbal and written communications in English and local language.
- Sound knowledge of financial, risk management and budget management skills.
- Good IT literacy (Microsoft office, Zoom, People system – Salesforce)
- Willingness to travel including work away from home base both within the country and occasionally internationally or in a remote areas.
- Must have a clean driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years driving experience.
- Must be willing to drive a manual car.
If you meet the above requirements, please find more details about the position and how to apply from the following web address: https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers . To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Kindly ensure that you have attached your latest detailed CV. The position is open to Malawian Nationals only. Applications to reach us on or before 14th June, 2021.