Global Hope Mobilization is a Malawian non-profit organization registered with the NGO Board and Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs. GLOHOMO headquarters is in Lilongwe, Malawi.
GLOHOMO’s Vision is Communities with improved quality of life. GLOHOMO is working towards contributing to the Sustainable Developmental Goals and the Malawi Growth Development Strategy III. GLOHOMO is promoting sustainable development goals and the Malawi Growth Development Strategy III. In the last five years GLOHOMO has been operational based on the four main objectives namely; (a) to promote health programs (b) to promote education programs (c) to promote livelihoods programs (d) to promote governance issues GLOHOMO with financial support from USAID through is implementing a 2-year project titled Tigwirane Manja Counter-Trafficking Activity in 9 districts of the regions of Malawi namely; Mzimba, Karonga, Dedza, Ntchisi, Kasungu, Mchinji, Blantyre, Phalombe, Machinga, Mangochi and Mwanza. The goal of Tigwirane Manja Counter-Trafficking project is to up scale the prevention of trafficking in person through improved prosecution, protection and data management of trafficking in person in Malawi.
GLOHOMO is looking to recruit the below position of an equivalent to a Project Officer within in organogram which needs to be filled:
Position Titles: Case Tracking Officer
Type of Contract: Regular full-time
Duration of Contract: 2 Years
Starting Date: 1 November, 2021
The Case Tracking Officer will serve as the organization main point of contact and subject matter expert on the topic of human trafficking. The Officer will provide both direct services to GLOHOMO and partners clients as well as perform program management functions. Direct client services will include crisis intervention and case management services to residential clients and survivors of trafficking as well as court proceedings.
Program management responsibilities will include ensuring that GLOHOMO has a cohesive and trauma-informed response to survivors of trafficking; serving as a representative to local, regional and national level human trafficking coordinating bodies; and provision of community education and training on the topic of trafficking as needed.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of countering Human Trafficking root causes of sexual and intimate partner violence and a commitment to social justice. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated expertise on the topic of countering human trafficking and will be experienced in advocacy and motivational interviewing with an understanding of behavior change models and trauma-informed care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Psychology, Social Science, Education, Human Services, Social Work or related field or four years related experience
- Previous shelter, family violence or sexual assault experience (preferred)
- Oral and written fluency in English and other local languages (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about the mission and philosophy of GLOHOMO
- Team oriented and able to implement a strengths-based approach to providing trauma-informed services
- Current driver’s license and reliable transportation with up to date insurance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other computer software
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide intake and case management services for residential clients and survivors of human trafficking
- Conduct needs assessment and make appropriate referrals
- Provide crisis stabilization services as needed
- Advocate with other agencies on behalf of clients as needed
- Monitor on-going client needs during program and implement post program follow-up
- Complete all case management documentation in a timely manner
- Attend residential department meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Program Management Support
- Serve as the organization representative to district, regional and national level human trafficking coordinating bodies
- Serve as a resource to partner agencies regarding service provision to survivors of trafficking
- Maintain and update resource and referral lists specific to the topic of human trafficking
- Work with all GLOHOMO partners to ensure that assessment tools as well as policies and protocols are reflective of the needs of survivors of human trafficking
- Provide community education and training on human trafficking as needed
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
An individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner as well as skillfully gathers and analyzes information.
Oral and Written
Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or in writing in individual or group situations. Speaks comfortably with a diverse array of individuals and groups.
Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; and makes timely decisions.
Responds appropriately to a client in crisis. Uses a variety of methods to offer short term, immediate help to individuals who have experienced an event that produces mental, physical, emotional or behavioral distress.
Makes sound and timely decisions under pressure. Recognizes what is most suitable in particular situation. Effectively makes decisions in non-standard situations. Exhibits independence, decisiveness, and responsibility. Clearly and persuasively communicates decisions and orders to avert crises.
Planning and Organization
Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; and develops realistic action plans.
Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior. Selects the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
Safety and Security
Observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Supports and promotes an environment that appreciates and holds opportunities for all, regardless of race, religion, nation of origin, culture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, weight, health status, age or other diversity factors.
Mode of Application
GLOHOMO as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, GLOHOMO is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. GLOHOMO provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status
Eligible candidates meeting the professional and experience of the above stated vacancies should submit their respective application letters together with their detailed CV (including three traceable referees) and Copies of Relevant Certificates, National ID. Please include reference number for the job you are applying applications should be sent via email only
Successful candidates should prepare to undergo police clearance
The Executive Director
Global Hope Mobilization
P.O Box 31707, Lilongwe 3,
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for application is 25th October, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged