World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. It is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. It is a child focused organization and its goal is sustained wellbeing of (150 million) children within families and communities especially the most vulnerable.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for employment with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision International in Malawi is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the vacant Position under a Child Protection Grant-Building Safe, Resilient and Inclusive communities. The project is to be implemented in the two districts of Lilongwe and Blantyre for an initial period of one year.
If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
PROJECT OFFICER- (CHILD PROTECTION GRANT) (GRADE 14) 2 POSITIONS BASED IN BLANTYRE AND LILONGWE
Purpose of the position:
The Child Protection project officer will be responsible for project implementation and field level coordination/facilitation of project activities in the district.
The position will be familiar with a broad cross-section of activities, resources and techniques associated with the development and implementation of child protection models.
Project planning and Implementation
1. Lead the planning, organizing/ facilitation and implementation of child protection interventions at the district level
2. Maintain programmatic accountability for programme activities at district level.
3. Facilitate efficient and timely implementation of planned activities by all relevant committees, district and community partners to ensure the right techniques, methodologies and standards are employed.
4. Work closely with government partners and Child Protection Technical Working Group at
5. Facilitate community engagement in planning and developing detailed annual implementation plans for the sector aligned to the Technical Programme
6. Perform any other duties that may be assigned
Project monitoring and reporting
1. Developing and submitting reports as required
2. Regular data collection under the sector for reporting and evaluation
3. Conduct community monitoring visits and review meetings
4. Documenting lessons learnt, promising practices and change stories
5. Build the capacity of community groups in monitoring
Community engagement and capacity building
1. Identify technical and organizational capacity gaps among community groups, volunteers and stakeholders
2. Organize and implement capacity building initiatives at community level
3. Provide mentorship and coaching of trained groups (volunteers, committees and stakeholders)
4. Mobilize and engage communities in sector specific issues using participatory methodologies
5. Build the capacity of the community relating to child protection
Networking & Advocacy
1. Facilitate linkages between community groups and relevant technical sector platforms
2. Identify sector related issues for advocacy
3. Represent the program in relevant forums at local level
4. Facilitate interface meetings between service providers and community groups
5. Build partnerships with the church and FBOs within sector related activities2
Knowledge, qualification and experience required
1. The incumbent should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in either Development studies, Social Science or Human Rights
2. At least three years’ experience in program management at community level working with
different partners including government, community structures and other CSO’s
3. Demonstrated interpersonal skills
4. Demonstrated knowledge of Case management, children corner facilitation and child
5. Very good oral and written communication skills in English and ability to write quality report,
6. Good facilitation skills
7. Three years’ experience working in the NGO sector
8. Motor cycle rider with a clean riding license
9. Knowledge about sector related approaches and policies
10. Working in a cross cultural environment
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three
traceable referees to: [email protected] not later than 14th January 2021. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Free Line 847; [email protected]