UNICEF Malawi Country Programme (2019-2023) is aligned with the Government of Malawi’s Growth and Development Strategy (MDGS III) and the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF). The programme supports the Government of Malawi to meet its commitment to respect, protect and fulfil children’s rights in line with international conventions and standards. The country programme is guided by the principles of children’s rights, equity, gender equality, inclusion and resilience, and supports evidence-based, integrative and innovative programming. The vision is that ‘all girls and boys in Malawi, especially the most disadvantaged and deprived, realize their rights’. The programme focuses on: early childhood (parenting, high-impact social services, early stimulation and learning), middle childhood and adolescence (learning, multi-sectoral services, active citizenship), communities (decentralized services and systems, community ownership, social norms), programme effectiveness (monitoring, evaluation, HACT, Innovation, Social Protection and Social Policy and External Communication. The programme is based on ‘leaving no child behind’, realizing ‘rights for all children in Malawi’.
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Team aims at providing a continuous and well supported ICT infrastructure, while at the same time delivering reliable ICT support services, fostering innovations, building partnerships and providing efficient ICT services and solutions to end-users in a timely, secure and safe manner to strengthen programme and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
How can you make a difference?
The Malawi Country Office (MCO) offers an exciting and rewarding career opportunity for you to join our dynamic ICT Unit team where you will carry out broad ICT functions and enable the provision of ICT solutions and services to assist the delivery of results for children in Malawi. In your role, you will be under the overall guidance and supervision of the ICT Specialist.
This job presents a unique and significant opportunity for a qualified, vibrant, motivated and committed person to be to contribute to the overall achievement of transformative results for children by delivering on the following key responsibility areas, but not limited to – you are however encouraged to read the attached and detailed job description Job Description_TA NOB ICT Officer 11 Nov 2021.pdf in order to view the full role and its requirements:
- Enable continuous operation of ICT infrastructure and services
- Provide help, support and assist with capacity building and knowledge management (operational support to end-users, Incidents or problems management, trainings development and coordination, capacity building and knowledge management initiatives to enhance end users competencies, initiatives to improve productivity, foster innovation ….)
- Support operational and administrative tasks(Monitoring of risks and threats to ICT environment or infrastructure, compliance with the regulatory requirements for telecommunications licenses and the use of specialized equipment like HF/VHF radios, high-gain antennae, satellite phones, VSATs, providing information on the systems for reports, reviews or audits.)
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: computer science, telecommunication, software engineering, information technology management, business administration.
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional work experience is required in information technology management and business operations in a large international organization and/or corporation is required.
- Proven experience in LAN/WAN and WLAN operations is required
- Proven server environment administration experience, especially in Microsoft environments. Having MS certificates in the related areas is a strong asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as a strong asset
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset
Technical skills and Knowledge:
- Certification and/or proven experience in one of these several ICT technical competencies: ICT Project Management, Business Analytics, Information Security, ICT Audit and Risk Management, Telecommunications, Networks Information Security and Software Engineering and Programming.