Under the direct supervision of International Operations Manager and the overall guidance of the Representative, the national ICT Associate UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Oversees implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment;
- Provide support to the use of Atlas (UNFPA’s implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning) functionality for improved business results and improved client services;
- Advise on the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures;
- Preparation of a results-oriented work plan.
- Training of users on new systems such as iDocs platform in Google,
2. Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Oversees performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Recommendation and Procurement of ICT equipment according to ITSO standards and specifications
- Keeping record of all ICT assets and attractive items
- Manages installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades;
- Ensures the upgrading of patch and anti-virus programmes on a timely basis;
- Ensures monitoring of file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis;
- Supervises provision of support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention;
3. Ensures ICT security in the office:
- Ensures that desktop, laptop and server passwords and related policies are in line with established corporate standards;
- Normal users do not have administrative rights to their PCs and portable computers;
- Unauthorized software is not loaded onto computers.
- Managing CCTV and user access to the building and LAN through use of passwords and access codes
- Managing Business Continuity Plan (BCP in case of emergency)
4. Oversees support networks administration, focusing on the following:
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems;
- Responding to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Backup and restoration procedures for local drives;
- Maintenance of backup logs through use of the DRIVE IN GOOGLE APPS;
- Organizes off-site storage of backups.
5. Supervises provision of administrative support, focusing on the following:
- Oversees development and maintenance of up-to-date inventory of software and hardware;
- Ensures establishment and maintenance of Country Office databases e.g. e-filing, electronic library directory, consultancy database, and database for common vendors; ensures orientation and coaching provided to staff on these databases/systems;
- Manages the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts;
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required;
- Manages provision of ICT support to key events for CO as well as IPs.
6. Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on the following:
- Develop and oversee provision of appropriate training for the CO staff on ICT issues;
- Participate in knowledge networks (e.g. Docusign) and communities of practice;
- Participate in interagency working groups to ensure UNFPA’s issues and concerns are represented.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application required, including Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP);
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, ERP; Google Suite
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to make recommendations for business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Have affinity with or interest in UNFPA volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org .