Head of Programme Malawi
Contract Type: Fixed Term (24 months)
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £31,585 Per Annum
Closing Date: 31st January 2022
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 36 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Head of Programme Malawi’ on a 24 month fixed-term contract to join its dynamic International Programmes Division. The Head of Programme would be responsible:
- To provide strategic leadership and expertise to the programme in Malawi
- To ensure the programme meets Islamic Relief Quality Standards
- To provide timely and high quality proposals and reports to donors
- To ensure the development and utilization of best practice for technical interventions
- To network with, and represent Islamic Relief to partners (government authorities, donors, INGOs, local NGOs, CBOs etc)
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Experience of working with various International NGOs in developing countries.
- An in depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to community development.
- Experience of developing proposals for a variety of donors, experience of successfully fundraising and dealing with ECHO, UN, SIDA and DFID
- Experience of developing links with INGOs, Government agencies, Institutional donors and other stakeholders
- Experience of and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all staff.
- Experience of managing and mentoring local and international staff.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to other peoples’ views and perspectives, and conflict resolution.
- Strategic leadership skills, Good organisational skills and a practical knowledge of support service management
- The capacity to develop and maintain an understanding of and be sympathetic to the social, cultural and political context of the post
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local).
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge/familiarity/expertise in programme areas: e.g. Emergency Response, Community Development, Microfinance, Food Security/Nutrition ,Water and Sanitation, etc
- An ability to work under pressure with limited support
- Knowledge/familiarity with country/region
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship , please apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on Mid February 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pre-employment Checks :
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- receipt of satisfactory references
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer