Teach For All is seeking a proactive and organized professional for the position of Fundraising and External Strategy Associate-Africa. This individual will provide operations and behind-the-scenes support to our external efforts in the Africa region. They will play a central support role in this external work, which consists of building stakeholders’ understanding of and support for Teach For All’s approach across the region, securing the funding necessary for Teach For All’s operations and support of partner organizations in the region and supporting our efforts to engage social entrepreneurs through the pre-partnership process. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting global network to expand educational opportunities for all children.
A successful candidate for this position will manage internal tracking systems and operations, conduct research on donors, draft correspondence to donors and other influential stakeholders, conduct project management and coordinate with Teach For All colleagues around the world to drive our fundraising and external engagement strategies. This person will report to the Head of Africa and serve on the Africa regional team, with additional resources and support provided by global Network Growth and Development team colleagues.
An effective External Strategy Operations Associate will play a key role in proactively cultivating an influential network of champions, supporters, and advisory group members for the Teach For All Africa region by:
- Project managing and coordinating effectively across various Teach For All teams and partners in pursuit of development and external engagement objectives
- Researching the landscape of potential supporters in Africa and making recommendations for how we engage with them
- Drafting clear, timely and effective internal and external communications
- Co-owning the pipeline of regionally-driven supporters for Africa – accurately maintaining tracking and data systems that allow the team to understand our progress and portfolio managers to stay on top of critical tasks
- Leveraging those systems and information to pull data and analysis that lead to decision making
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining strong systems and project plans to efficiently and effectively advance the regional external strategy. Implementing and managing tracking systems, Salesforce data system and operations to support the effective management of the fundraising portfolio and stakeholder communications, leveraging them to manage up to senior-level managers
- Conducting research and analysis of prospective donors and existing connections to inform strategy for influencing, motivating, and inspiring external stakeholders to contribute to our work
- Drafting internal and external donor and stakeholder-related communications, such as meeting briefs, thank you letters, email correspondence, presentations, regional quarterly newsletters, and donor histories for network partners
- Compiling and preparing all necessary background materials for international and regional donor-related trips and conferences
- Circulating synthesized call and meeting notes that include recommendations for next steps
- Project managing events and projects that are being implemented by various Teach For All teams in support of our external strategy in Africa
- Managing logistics for conference calls, external meetings and events in the region
- Coordinating trip planning and logistics, including drafting itineraries, compiling preparatory materials, and arranging travel and accommodations
- Coordinating and project managing effectively across various Teach For All teams in pursuit of our engagement with external stakeholders
- Supporting on drafting/review of proposals/reports, coordinating across TFAll staff and partners to collect necessary info, etc
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong English written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as research and analytical skills are required
- Other languages spoken in the local and/or regional context highly preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience highly preferred
- Previous communications / non-profit experience preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with fundraising preferred, but not required
- Previous experience working in a global organization and/or a matrix organizational structure preferred, but not required
- Previous experience working in a remote, virtual work environment preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook highly preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other client relationship management system a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to juggle several competing priorities at once with a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a global, fast-paced, dynamic work environment, while maintaining a very high bar for quality
- Ability to work well and prioritize independently in a global work environment with mostly remote and virtual team engagements
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with good judgement, and ability to navigate a complex, matrix-based global organizational structure
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Sensitivity to diversity in backgrounds and beliefs (e.g., racial, cultural, socioeconomic, political, etc.)
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values and a commitment to Teach For All’s mission
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates for this position must possess local work authorization in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Travel possible, approximately 5% when it is safe to do so and in accordance with local travel guidelines. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter directly online.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of 60 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization committed to developing collective leadership to ensure all children fulfill their potential. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.
To apply for this job please visit teachforall.org .