Under the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Officer (CRRF), the Field Assistant will undertake the following functions in Dzaleka refugee camp;
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programmes, including the delivery of services by partners, distribution of all humanitarian assistance and monitoring of camp infrastructure.
- Assist the camp office with administrative tasks as required, including, welcoming and directing visitors to the appropriate staff/units and assist authorized personnel while within the office premises and during field visits.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries as might be required.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Maintains regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested and guided by the supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing and operational partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Follow up, on regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in the camp and other areas where they have been accommodated and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Receive mails on behalf of UNHCR camp Office, distribute the mails to the concerned staff/units and ensure delivery of mails and other items to the Office in Lilongwe.
- Liaise with all UNHCR staff, schedule and issue appointments slips for refugees and other persons of concern who may wish to see UNHCR staff.
- Manage the interpreters’ roster and assign interpreters for staff during working hours.
- Support in organizing UNHCR functions; and assist UNHCR staff in organising venues for workshops and events in Dzaleka refugee camp.
- Submit requests for items (stationery and cleaning materials) required for office use in Dzaleka and maintain weekly/monthly stocks.
- Ensure the office premises in Dzaleka camp are in good condition at all times, report any damages and needs for repairs to Admin in the office in Lilongwe.
- Perform any other duties as might be required by the office.
- Must possess, at least, a Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE )
Atleast 2 years of experience in a similar role
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Chichewa(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org .