Football Association of Malawi (FAM) is the national governing body for football in Malawi with its main mission of effectively organizing, administering, developing and controlling the game of football in consistent with FIFA rules and regulations in a manner that will continuously improve the standard of football in the country.
FAM is inviting applications from suitably qualified, experienced persons and with passion for football to fill the following vacant position:
Title of the post : Referee Development Officer
Location : Blantyre
Reporting to : General Secretary
To be responsible for planning, implementing and managing referee’s education and handling all communications pertaining to refereeing both local and internationally
- Conducting FIFA Member Association Elite referees and Assessors Course
- Facilitating and monitoring the performance of the local Referees Instructors every year.
- Conducting referees physical fitness tests every quarter at regional and national levels
- Training of referees instructors and Assessors through FIFA and CAF
- Preparation of Refereeing Department reports every quarter to FIFA including the performance of the local Referees Instructors.
- Prepare reports regarding referees programs to the Executive Committee every three months.
- Handling all communications pertaining to refereeing both local and internationally.
- Identify areas of need for referees across all formats of the game within Malawi and implement recruitment strategies accordingly.
- Implement strategies for new referees, to convert them from trainee referees to active referees.
- Support referees within the grassroots game to retain them within refereeing season-on- season through the refereeing pyramid.
- Liaise with local leagues to ensure the appointment of appropriately-registered referees.
- Identify referees with the potential and opportunity to develop within Malawi through deliberate set programs.
- Support referees in submitting discipline reports, including reporting discrimination, as well as actively supporting referees following challenging situations.
- A current registered referee or equivalent experience.
- 4 years’ sports development experience
- A diploma level qualification and/or with Advanced Referees Instructor Certificate, Referees Technical Instructor and CAF Referees Instructor
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Eager to learn, demonstrating the willingness and capacity to acquire the necessary level of competence for the job.
- Maintains FAM’s ethics, values and standards in all interactions within and outside the Organization.
Applications together with detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae with names of three traceable referees and copies of certificates should be sent to the address below not later than 15th June 2021;
The General Secretary
Football Association of Malawi
P.O Box 51657
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants shall be acknowledged.