Old Mutual Investment Group [OMIG] is inviting applications from suitable candidates to fill the posts of:-
The post is tenable in the Blantyre office and the successful candidate will report to the Corporate Governance Executive/Company Secretary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishing and continuously improving a consistent operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of Compliance risks and issues;
- Assisting the BU AML Officer to establish and embed a culture of compliance with AML requirements
- Reporting compliance breaches to Corporate Governance Executive on a monthly /quarterly basis;
- Provide oversight to the operational team, which acts as the first line monitors and investigators of suspicious activity;
Handle the management and execution of second line monitoring and assessment program for
Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF);
- Improve and maintain AML/CTF policies and procedures;
- Provide relevant compliance reporting to ensure the completion and proper analysis of suspicious activity reports that have been conducted;
- Ensure detailed and prompt investigation of all AML/CTF incidents and cases;
- Maintain a proper register of all incidents reported internally and externally;
- Aid in the improvement of tools to monitor, analyze, and report suspicious activity;
- Monitoring the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness;
- Identifying applicable Legislation, Regulatory Directives and analysing the impact thereof on the Group and applying this to Group processes and procedures, current/new projects and current/new products;
- Ensuring that internal policies do not contravene current and/or proposed Legislation, Regulatory Directives, Rules and Regulations;
- Assist in general compliance awareness, AML/CFT and refresher trainings.
Required Education & Experience
- Must have a first Degree in Law and does not have to be admitted to the bar.
- Professional qualification in compliance management will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in compliance risk management and/or working in a busy legal environment.
Skills & Attributes
- A general knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry, as well as Legislation, Regulatory Directives, Rules and Regulations impacting the industry, is essential.
- Be effective at building relationships.
- Have a high level of business awareness and be analytical and have good judgement
- Be innovative, have excellent planning and organizing skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality
In order to apply, visit our Website ( www.oldmutual.co.mw ), click About Us, open Careers and APPLY for the vacancies:
1. Senior Legal Advisor – JR – 17296
2. Compliance Manager – JR- 17289
Make sure you upload your motivational letter, updated CV with three traceable referees, copies of relevant certificates including national ID.
Note: Manual applications will not be accepted.
Closing date for receiving these applications is Tuesday, 21st December 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.oldmutual.co.mw .