Serendib Hotels and Resorts is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Sales and Reservations Executive in Lilongwe. Reporting to Head of Central Reservations, the candidate shall be responsible for developing and fostering business through proactive direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointments, calls and tours of the hotels while also developing strategic action plans for hotels in order to drive measurable and incremental sales revenues.
- Assisting in overall operations in Central Reservation with Sales & Reservation activities
- Clear understanding of the hotels business strategies, and setting goals to determine action plans to meet those goals.
- Responsible for corporate and travel agent room sales for the hotels
- Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
- Conduct daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to hotels by corporate clients
- Ability to provide quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties, developing professional long term business relationships.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Handling inquiries & bookings
- Developing strong relationships with the front office teams to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Attending to sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
- Ability to support hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Building and strengthening relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Developing relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients.
- Preferably a degree in sales & marketing
- Minimum 3 to 4 years work experience in sales and marketing or a related professional area
- Good computer skills and a perfect command of English is a must
- Proven success in a similar role and environment.
- Empathy towards customers and colleagues.
- Pride and attention to detail.
- Polished personal presentation with warm, confident and hospitable personality.