CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has opened up to work with our Membership & Networks Team at CIVICUS! The team works to manage with projects across the organisation, including Youth, Diversity and Inclusion, Advocacy and Capacity Development, to engage a broad range of stakeholders in civil society.
The role would suit a young professional, who has a strong interest and experience in connecting people and building partnerships in order to mobilise communities and others to act together for social change. The position will work to manage the wider CIVICUS membership, coordinating engagement opportunities through the lens of CIVICUS’ membership policies and procedures by utilising a data-driven approach. The person will have a strong attention to detail, and an understanding of the some of the issues around digital security and data management.
- Candidates must have a genuine and demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment for engaging and working with individuals and civil society organisations who are working towards our common goal of a better world for all
- Fluency in verbal and written communication in English; additional language capacity is desirable, in particular Arabic and French
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems and/or databases.
- Understanding of data security practices and processes
- Diplomas/degrees in the following disciplines will be taken into account, although they are not mandatory for this position: development studies, international relations, marketing, administration.
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to Apply
Our mission in recruiting for this role is to find a candidate who is passionate about CIVICUS and the work that we do. If you are that candidate we would love to receive your application
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on 24 August 2021 . Interested candidates should email their application to .
Please include the following in your application:
Cover letter of no more than 1.5 pages explaining:
- Why you are applying for this role (what is it about CIVICUS and this role that aligns to your experience and career aspirations?)
- How you meet the requirements of the role, highlighting aspects of your CV to illustrate this. Please refer to the full job description linked in this advert, and clearly explain how each main area of responsibility and key requirement relates to your knowledge and experience
- If you do not meet the requirements for the role, how your knowledge and experience to date compensate for this. Please refer to the FULL job description linked in this advert and clearly explain with reference to the main areas of responsibility and key requirements of the role
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
Short listed candidates will be contacted by 28 August 2021 to schedule interviews or for the next step in the recruitment process.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.