Would you like to write history? Are you known for having better sales numbers than everyone else? CEVA Logistics is extending her African Footprint by outgrowing the market. Do you want to be part of building the fundamentals of this team? If so, we have an exciting opportunity in our business development team in Malawi, that would allow you to grow with us!
In this role you will identify business growth opportunities and develop strategies to increase company sales. The role will need the right individual who can fit into our team and who can meet the varied challenges that come with being part of an environment at the forefront of shaping our managers. If you thrive in this sort of situation, this could be the perfect role for you.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- You will set sales profit goals in collaboration with the Product Managers and remain accountable for goals set.
- You will develop and manage operating budgets.
- You will achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards, industry and economic trends, and also sales and margin goals.
- You will work with Corporate Human Resources to support team development as needed, when needed.
- You will ensure training and direction for new and existing sales support members.
- You will act as a liaison between the customers and operations staff.
- You will manage sourcing of customers. Build and maintain relationships with customers and assist and direct team members in sourcing and growing customer base.
- You will maintain an excellent relationship with our current customers: Including analysis of current lanes to assure we are competitive; we are providing an excellent service and spot growth opportunities.
- You will conduct monthly financial analysis: including determining overall success of current customer profiles.
- You will have an up-to-date insight on current rates in the marketplace offered by competitors.
- You will ensure accuracy and timeliness of data in CRM (C-View) and other programs as needed.
- You will ensure all necessary documentation is accurate and timely.
- You will develop goals for specialized sales (Ocean, Ground and Air and CL etc.).
- You will develop sales leaders including succession planning internally.
- You will act as a player and a coach – bring on new business, in addition to coaching the other members of the organization.
- You will report sales outcomes in stipulated time.
- You will accept any additional duties as situations arise
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an individual who will support the organization through development management and leadership of the sales team in Malawi. You will plan and implement sales strategies that will gain business and effectively manage the logistics business of clients.
To be successful in this role you should be good at negotiating business deals and able to make sound decisions that will benefit the company. Ultimately, an exceptional Business Development Professional should have strong business acumen as well as demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills.
Essential Technical skills:
- Experience with transportation and logistics industries.
- Sales experience with success in the cold-calling environment.
- Proven record of growing business and starting new accounts.
- Ability to make quick, smart business decisions.
- Strong oral communication skills and negotiating talents
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively train others, preferably with experience in doing so.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management skills, ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave entitlement, pension and life assurance. There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then please do get in touch to find your next role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. Join CEVA for a challenging career
To apply for this job please visit www.cevalogistics.com .