The Malawi Bureau of Standards (MBS) is a Statutory Organization established in 1972 by an Act of Parliament (Cap. 51: 02; revised 2012) with a mandate to promote standardization of commodities and their manufacture, production processing or treatment and to provide for the verification and calibration of weighing and measuring instruments; and further to provide for matters incidental to or connected with standardization.
In order to fulfil its aforementioned mandate effectively and efficiently, an opportunity has arisen within Malawi Bureau of Standards to engage a qualified person of Malawian origin to fill the following position tenable at its Head Office:
Post : Communications Officer (Temporary)
Grade : BS 6
Number of Posts : One
Responsible to : Public Relations Officer
Responsible for : None
To inform and solicit views from the Bureau’s general public and various stakeholders.
- Planning, writing, editing and producing contents for a variety of internal and external communication channels (intranet, web portal newsletters and virtual meetings);
- Maintaining digital media archives including photos and videos;
- Ensuring that organizational initiatives are successfully supported and communicated to staff and key external stakeholders;
- Developing change management strategies and measuring their effectiveness;
- Developing program management schedule to ensure news and events are current and reflect MBS strategic direction;
- Monitoring trends in social media tools, applications, channels designs and strategy to ensure that MBS stays ahead of the curve;
- Ensuring that all communications and marketing material align with brand standards;
- Tracking analytics and creating reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns;
- Responding to media inquiries and performing media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications;
- Editing managing and delivering that quarterly bulletins and newsletters and related communications for MBS mobile phones and WhatsApp platforms;
- Preparing and distributing electronic communications including e-promotional materials, e-invites and information updates for MBS events and activities.
Requirements & Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism/Education or related field.
Desired Attributes and Competencies
- Should have excellent judgement;
- Be objective in his/her dealings and be able to maintain neutral mindset;
- Should possess strong intuition;
- Should be a fast learner;
- Be willing to immense in a wide range of unfamiliar subjects;
- Be able to confidently communicate a variety of topics to various audiences;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated capacity to effectively and cooperatively work with diverse groups.
The Malawi Bureau of Standards shall offer the successful an attractive employee benefits commensurate with grade in accordance with its emoluments structure.
Method of Application
Eligible applicants should submit their applications together with an up to date Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional qualifications, not later than 5 November, 2021 to:
The Director General
Malawi Bureau of Standards
P O Box 946
Malawi Bureau of Standards is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applications shall be acknowledged.
To apply for this job please visit mbsmw.org .