Business Development & Sales Executive – Commission Based
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE BASED IN MALAWI
d.light is a leading off-grid solar company in sub-Saharan Africa, focused on the manufacture and distribution of high quality solar lanterns, solar home systems and solar compatible appliances. Broadly speaking, d.light operates in two types of markets: vertically integrated markets where d.light sells products directly to end-consumers (e.g. Kenya), and partner markets where d.light works with strategic local partners able to manage the import, sale, and after-sales services necessary to support off-grid communities with the full range of d.light products.
As the Business Development & Sales Executive, you will be part of the d.light Global Partnerships team, which focuses on identifying and managing product distribution partners. You will report to the Partnerships Director – Africa. Your overarching goals will be to identify and onboard new strategic partners, particularly interested in procuring and distributing solar lanterns.
Roles & Responsibilities
- New Business Development/Sales – Identify, approach and close deals with organisations that are interested in, and have the capacity for, mass purchase and distribution of high-quality solar lanterns: deepening d.light’s presence in the country. This may be through private distributors or humanitarian organisations
- Client Management – Provide product training for new customers, and assist existing d.light partners in improving operational efficiency such that they are better able to scale up
- Operations – coordinate with Sales Support Manager in China to arrange invoicing and logistics
Required Skills & Experience
- Fluency in English and local language(s)
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in emerging markets
- Proven B2B sales experience and love for the sales process and closing deals
- Ambitious self-starter, highly self-motivated to reach targets or exceed expectations. Fully autonomous and comfortable working in unfamiliar business environments with little supervision
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to build rapport effortlessly
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office package and Google suite
- Excellent existing network with relevant stakeholders in markets
- Business driven, people focused, with exceptional influencing skills
- Excellent organisational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Passion for social enterprise, the environment and development more broadly
- Experience working with a cross-cultural team
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to improve efficiency in achieving business objectives
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in sales, marketing or business related field
Salary and Benefits
- This is a commission-only position with a competitive commission structure
- Unlimited earning potential
- Fully flexible hours, as you get out what you put in!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .