HoodSmart Foundation, a Malawian not for profit foundation, is working t o provide the support, tools, technology and technical mentorship to enable youth to enter the 21st century with confidence. Learning through making, building and the sharing of ideas. We aim to achieve a future of empowered youths, with emphasis on girls, through educating, mentoring, training, entrusting, and safeguarding our next generation of leaders at their critical learning and psycho-social development stage.
We are looking to recruit an Automotive/Engineering Training manager for our new Automotive Training Center which aims to give new university and technical college graduates the much needed work experience at no cost
- A Bachelors’ degree in Automotive/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution
- Not less than 5 years work and or teaching experience
- Those with proof of Mercedes Benz or BMW certification will have an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of teaching and the ability to design courses.
- Valid drivers license and defensive driving certification
- Must have knowledge on how to install and operate automotive service lifts
- Must have sound knowledge of how to read and interpret vehicle diagnosis machines
- Must be able to implement standard safety measures for trainees and staff in the training center, including safe disposal of waste materials
- Demonstrated ability to service both Japanese and European vehicles
- Leadership skills
- Business management and marketing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Must be flexible and open to change.
- The ability and passion to teach and learn through your work and that of your students
- In-Depth Knowledge of all types of vehicles (e.g. Japanese, Japanese high end, German/European)
- Ability to Assess Training Needs
- Creative Thinking
- Active Listening skills
- Must be gender sensitive and able to work with both genders without bias
Applications with 3 traceable referees must be sent to: The Executive Director, Hoodsmart Foundation, P. O. Box X97 Crossroads Lilongwe or email [email protected] not later than 8 th October 2021 . We will only notify and communicate with shortlisted candidates. Email to get copy of Job Description. Also enclosed should be current CV and copies of relevant certificates.