Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people from achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information
IREX is recruiting a Malawian Programme Coordinator for Youth Landscape and Learning Platform (YLLP) a USAID-supported activity in Malawi. The activity supports USAID’s strategic priority to strengthen their support to youth across their portfolio and program cycle through assessments, learning agenda and feedback loops, capacity-building, and data collection. The YLLP activity is a part of USAID’s Youth Excel program.
The Program Coordinator will provide support to the YLLP Activity Lead and the activity in coordination, logistics, partnerships, communications, and selecting/onboarding and supporting the ad hoc Youth Advisory Group and YLLP implementing partners.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or other related fields
- At least two (2) years of experience working on youth-serving initiatives or in the development field in Malawi
- A demonstrated commitment to youth inclusion, particularly focusing on marginalized groups
- An adaptable, growth mindset, and creative/entrepreneurial thinking
- Experience in developing content for newsletters, websites and impact stories
- Experience in building trust and relationships with different community actors and stakeholders
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation (M&E), research, and adaptive methodologies is a plus
- Demonstrable experience of logistics procedures and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills required
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with USAID-funded programs is a plus
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Support the coordination and logistics of the Learning Agenda, Feedback Loops, and Capacity-Building with implementing partners
- Support onboarding and ongoing coordination of the Youth Advisory Group
- Manage, curate and monitor YouthLead Malawi
- Conduct desk reviews/research as assigned
- Support day to day implementation of the activity workplan
- Contribute to project communication such as developing newsletters, research and communication products, collecting and sharing impact stories
- Support coordination of workshops and thematic sessions
- Provide general office administration and logistics support
- Under the direction of the regional grant officer, support new partner risk assessments (reviewing organizational information) and budget development (gathering local cost estimates)
- Support partner monitoring, including review of reports and financial documentation, site visits, etc.
- Track and organize partner records
- Prepare documentation and support processing of payments and Value Added Tax (VAT) exemption requests
- Support procurement processes by gathering quotes, checking references, preparing documentation, requesting approvals, etc.
- Responsible for credit card reconciliations
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting in support of the MEL partner.
- Other duties as assigned