Mzuzu University is Malawi’s Second Public University established under the Laws of Malawi Cap 30:09, Mzuzu University Act No. 12 of 1997. The University is a dual mode public institution and hence has face-to face and open, distance and e-learning (ODeL) students. Mzuzu University also offers some of its programmes on block, week-end and vacation releases and through collaborations with international partners.
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
A. Department of Forestry and Environmental Management
Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Silviculture
Candidates must have a PhD or Master of Science Degree in PhD or Master of Science degree in Forestry with bias in Silviculture or Seed Technology or equivalent plus a Bachelor’s degree in the same fields with at least upper second class or credit pass obtained from a reputable and accredited institution of higher learning.
For the position, candidates should address their suitability to meet the following requirements:
Candidates with two (2) years of teaching experience in the subject area they have applied for at tertiary level are preferred.
(b)Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach and assess undergraduate and postgraduate courses;
- To develop and teach new courses, including postgraduate courses, as may be required;
- To supervise undergraduate and postgraduate projects, including research;
- To actively participate in scholarly activities such as research and publication;
- To serve on University Committees to which they may be appointed; and
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required and assigned by their Head of Department, Dean of Faculty or Management.
(c) Attributes and Competencies
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Progressive knowledge in the subject areas for those applying for Lecturer position and above;
- Demonstrable commitment to academic excellence in teaching and research;
- Evidence of scholarly publications in peer-reviewed sources for candidates applying for the position of at least Senior Lecturer grade.
- Good communication skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet given deadlines.
(d) Mode of Application
The application should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional qualifications as well as the names and contact details of three traceable referees. The job title should be
indicated on the envelope and sent to:
Private Bag 201
Or Electronic Submission:
Electronic submission of the application should be sent as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to [email protected] . The subject line of the application should show the position being applied for. To reach the University not later than Friday, 13th August 2021. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. Female candidates are encouraged to apply