The Mitchell Group, Inc. is recruiting a Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated Learning to Perform award for the USAID Mission in Malawi. The DCOP will provide technical leadership and management oversight to ensure the quality and timeliness of services and products delivered under the award. The position is full-time, based in Lilongwe, and contingent on funding.
- Review all technical deliverables and work products to ensure they meet expected quality standards and comply with applicable USAID guidance, including ADS 201;
- Provide oversight of performance monitoring support to the Malawi Mission, including the provision of technical assistance to technical teams and implementing partners in the development of MEL frameworks, administration of data quality assessments, and analysis of monitoring data;
- Provide technical oversight and/or lead the design and delivery of evaluations, assessments, research, and analysis;
- Provide technical inputs into curricula and other materials related to MEL capacity building;
- Manage M&E staff to ensure the timely production of work products and deliverables;
- Lead the design of data collection instruments and train staff and partners on the same;
- Supervise and manage the performance of technical staff and consultants per the activity organizational chart; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- At least eight years of progressively responsible M&E experience;
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, with some experience with USAID or on USAID-funded awards;
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative research design and analysis, including familiarity with quantitative and qualitative analytical software packages
- Experience designing and conducting data quality assessments;
- Experience developing theories of change and developing MEL frameworks; and
- Demonstrated familiarity with ADS 201.
- Graduate degree in related field;
- Previous DCOP or SMES experience or equivalent on a USAID-funded award;
- Familiarity with the USAID/Malawi Mission; and
How to Apply:
Required Application Materials:
- CV in English
- 1420 Biodata form (dated & signed)
- Three (3) professional references
Please send relevant CV/resumes, 1420 Biodata form, and application materials to [email protected] . The 1420 Biodata form can be found here: https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17 . In the subject line, please indicate “USAID/Malawi MELS DCOP / (Last Name)”. CV/resumes will be reviewed as they are received, early application is encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.