ME&A is recruiting a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Malawi Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL). The position will a be full-time, five-year position based in Lilongwe, Malawi. The purpose of the contract will be to serve as a central platform for ensuring that development programs funded by USAID/Malawi. achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services. The Chief of Party will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned.
The Chief of Party will be the main person responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient performance of all aspects of this Contract, including provision of Contract oversight, maintaining acceptable standards of quality for all assigned tasks and expected deliverables, including overall responsibility for leading and coordinating all activities; all required reports; and for staff management. S/he will serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the Contractor, frequently serving as a facilitator or co-facilitator of high-level discussions and fora among USAID staff and partners regarding learning and adaptive management. S/he will provide support services for designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring performance, and applying learning and adaptive management, while ensuring sustainability through building the capacity of USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) staff as well as local stakeholders. S/he will support technical teams in their indicator reporting and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) systems on a regular (quarterly/annual) basis. S/he will support and maintain in the web-based performance data management information system. S/he will advance efforts to build the capacity of local MEL professionals. S/he will Manage the field office, including supervision of expatriate and local staff. S/he will supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan. S/he will assure compliance with contract provisions, including Annual Work Plans and other reports
- At least ten years of professional experience managing a team conducting data collection, analysis, performance monitoring, or research;
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development studies, economics, international relations, statistics, demography, political science or related fields;
- Demonstrated expertise in indicator development (including context indicators), data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and statistical methods;
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated experience to build capacity and train staff in the collection and use of data;
- Demonstrated ability in using monitoring data to review programming, trends, and activity needs and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to respond to new information;
- Substantive experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project management;
- Experience finding and collecting appropriate development data from third party sources;
- Substantial experience working in sub-Saharan Africa; Experience working in DRC preferred;
- Substantial experience working in conflict and post-conflict contexts required;
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) is a plus; Fluency in English required;
- Ability to manage and motivate subordinates in a local or international setting.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants
To apply for this job please visit meandahq.isolvedhire.com .