PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at-risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position;
Warehouse Manager- Temporary (6 Months)
Reporting to the Deputy Country Representative, the incumbent will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure warehouse adherence to PSI Malawi and Global Policies and procedures for stock control and inventory management
- Submit monthly inventory movement report to finance by 1 st of each month.
- Ensure that all warehouse transactions are recorded and filed properly
- Improve warehouse image by planning layout to create space or maximum space utilization, innovations and improvements all the time.
- Segregate damaged & obsolete stock from good stock, ensuring proper quarantine pending disposal.
- Ensure that there is no stock loss or damages in all ware houses.
- General management of the receiving and dispatching of all materials from the warehouse, ensuring that this is done within the designated marked areas.
- Eliminate waste through fixed staking, reducing double handling effort, hiring casuals on a cost benefit analysis principle.
- Handle logistics planning to ensure nets are distributed on time, per program schedule, whilst ensuring there is balance between receiving and dispatching to ensure there is always there is adequate warehouse space.
- Conduct monthly stock counts every month, and coordinate quarterly counts with Finance Department.
- Sample and inspect receipts with user departments checking conformance to specifications and fitness for intended purpose.
- Submit Conformation of Receipts to Procurement Department in Washington DC after every receipt of an International Shipment, highlighting the number of shortages, damages and non-conforming materials.
- Liaise with platform procurement unit on replenishment of shortages of packaging materials and all stock
- Manage all warehouse/office sales to external customers, banking and reporting.
- Ensure all inventory is insured against major risks and threat e.g. fire and theft
- Submit all GRNs to procurement timely for invoice matching and payment
- Compile an asset register for all assets entering and leaving the warehouse.
- Benchmark from the best-in-class warehouse, replicate and implement best practices using available resources
- Ensure that warehouse security is intact on daily basis.
- Post safety information around the whole warehouse.
- Manage general warehouse cleanliness on daily basis.
- Come up with realistic production schedules based on both current and historic demand & known customer orders
- Oversee the packaging of all PSI products to maintain adequate inventory for continuity of supply to all warehouses and customers
- Ensure that packers are productive by revising daily targets, reducing both down time and overtime recording daily work per head as a checkmate for staff productivity
- Circulate a packaging material update to Programme managers on a monthly basis, propose the number of packaging replenishments based on usage and product stock levels.
- Conduct mid year and year-end appraisals for all warehouse house.
- Facilitate training for all warehouse staff where necessary to address capacity gaps
- Ensure staff comfort through acquisition of protective wear every year and reduction in manual handling
- Ensure that warehouse staff are fully aware of health & safety issues so as to reduce the number of accidents in the warehouse thereby making the warehouse work environment safe.
- Motivate staff through culture of praise where performance is extra ordinary
- Liaise with Human Resources to fill in vacant positions.
- Enforce the use of Materials Handling Equipment to reduce the burden of handling heavy loads manually.
- Oversee and check all fuel reconciliations for all program vehicles from all branches and Head Office
- Check fuel consumption per vehicle before fuel allocation
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have bachelor’s degree in Purchasing & Supply with minimum of five years demonstrated ability in Warehouse Management and experienced in coordinating a busy and complex project and work within timelines
- Working literacy in Word, Excel, and email (Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication, team working, analytical and numerical skills and analytical abilities.
- Knowledgeable with People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate the team, delegate work and explain ideas
- Good planning and organizing skills to effectively manage the flow of stock
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Initiative and decisiveness
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
- The ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and approach work with flexibility
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 21 st May, 2021 , to The Head of Human Resources and Administration, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] . Only applications sent through email will be entertained.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions.
PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.