PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at-risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position;
Warehouse Assistant- Temporary (6 Months)
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the incumbent will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure that casual workers arrange and stack products as per storage guidelines
- Receive record and issue out stocks on daily basis
- Identify and report slow moving and obsolete stock for corrective action
- Ensure that stock records are kept up to date by close of business every day
- Hire and pay off casual workers as required
- Replenishment, safe keeping and reconciliation of warehouse funds at the right time
- Ensure that all warehouse transactions are archived properly on a daily basis
- Conduct weekly spot checks, stock take preparations and monthly physical count
- Ensure that the warehouse is kept clean and tidy all the times
- Prepare and submit fuel reconciliations at the end of each wee
- Record room temperature twice a day
- Keep a good record of all books in sequential order prior to issuing them out
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have an advanced Certificate in Procurement & Supply with at least 3 years’ experience in working in a busy warehouse.
- Must be physically fit and possess excellent time management and communication skills with attention to detail
- Working literacy in Word, Excel, and email (Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to make decision on how and when to replenish inventory and warehouse fund,
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 21 st May, 2021 , to The Head of Human Resources and Administration, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] . Only applications sent through email will be entertained.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions.
PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.