PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at-risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positio
Reporting to the Service Delivery Coordinator, the incumbent will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Provides quality and safe medical male circumcision services to clients in the fixed, outreach andmobile sites using dorsal slit method and where possible device
- Screen VMMC clients and ensure that they are eligible for surgery.
- Provide STI screening and treatment services for clients attending male circumcision servicespresenting with STI.
- Document and manages circumcision related adverse events as per the national
- Conduct day 2 (48hrs) and day 7 follow up review of all circumcised clients. Ensure active followup is done for all clients missing follow up
- Assist the team lead in managing and keeping clear records of facilities based commodities anddrug stock cards, and equipment inventory while ensuring timely re-stocking and regular stock
- Work with the team lead to ensure timely and proper documentation of client files and registersaccording to M&E protocol. This includes electronic entry of clients’ data in program data
- Participates in team level monthly planning and quality improvement team (QIT) meetingsincluding taking of minutes for reference.
- Participate in CMEs, regular data auditing and documentation of best
- Work with the team lead to ensure team work, compliance to quality standards, and work-ethics aremaintained in the
- Participate in the development of monthly team operations work plan and
- Conduct immediate post-op review before discharging the
- Work with team lead to prepare and share monthly reports using MOH and project reporting
- Adhere to the weekly facilities coverage schedule to ensure VMMC services are provided onrotational basis at the outreach, mobile and fixed
- Work with the team lead to liaise with project demand creation team to ensure consistency inclients flow and complementary efforts in tracking clients that missed follow up
- Participate in all team specific QA and QI activities including facilities-based CMEs where
- Keeps client information in strict
- Any other duty related to work assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Registered Nurse with 2 years’ experienceproviding continuous medical circumcision services
- Registered with relevant professional body – Medical /Nurses and Midwives Council of Trained and certified as VMMC Surgeon(provider)
- Excellent computer skills
- Understanding of HIV/AIDS programming in Malawi
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of device (Shang Ring) circumcision is an added advantage
- Skills to analyze, interpret and assist to solve difficult problems arising from the team andorganization’s cultural diversity
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record Mode of Application Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 18 th November, 2021 , to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] with the job title as a subject line . PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.