PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors and harnessing the power of markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
Applications are invited from well qualified individuals based in Blantyre and Mulanje Districts for the below stated position
TITLE: Temporary/ Locum VMMC Surgeons based in Blantyre/Mulanje
DEPARTMENT: HIV Department
REPORTS TO: SD Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A Locum Surgeon, provides quality and safe medical male circumcision services to clients in the fixed, outreach and mobile sites using dorsal slit method and where possible device technique.
- Screen VMMC clients and ensure that they are eligible for surgery.
- Provide STI screening and treatment services for clients attending male circumcision services presenting with STI.
- Document and manages circumcision related adverse events as per the national standards.
- Conduct day 2 (48hrs) and day 7 follow up review of all circumcised clients. Ensure active follow up is done for all clients missing follow up visits.
- Assist the team lead in managing and keeping clear records of facilities based commodities and drug stock cards, and equipment inventory while ensuring timely re-stocking and regular stocktaking.
- Work with the team lead to ensure timely and proper documentation of client files and registers according to M&E protocol. This includes electronic entry of clients’ data in program data base.
- Participates in team level monthly planning and quality improvement team (QIT) meetings including taking of minutes for reference.
- Participate in CMEs, regular data auditing and documentation of best practices.
- Work with the team lead to ensure team work, compliance to quality standards, and work-ethics are maintained in the team.
- Participate in the development of monthly team operations work plan and schedules.
- Conduct immediate post-op review before discharging the client.
- Work with team lead to prepare and share monthly reports using MOH and project reporting tools.
- Adhere to the weekly facilities coverage schedule to ensure VMMC services are provided on rotational basis at the outreach, mobile and fixed sites.
- Work with the team lead to liaise with project demand creation team to ensure consistency in clients flow and complementary efforts in tracking clients that missed follow up visits.
- Participate in all team specific QA and QI activities including facilities based CMEs where possible.
- Keeps clients information in strict confidence.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Registered Nurse
- Registered by relevant professional body (Medical/Nurses and Midwife Council of Malawi).
- Trained and Certified as VMMC Surgeon
- 2 Years’ experience providing continuous medical circumcision services
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Understanding of HIV/AIDS Programming in Malawi
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of device(Shang Ring) circumcision is an added advantage
- Skills to analyze, interpret and assist to solve difficult problems arising from the team and organization’s cultural diversity
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result –oriented track record.
OTHER KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Adhoc meeting with MOH and stakeholder.
SEND YOUR APPLICATIONS TO: [email protected] not later than 8 th November, 2021 @ 17.00 noon.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.