Technical Lead Strategic Information, Strategic, Global Health
P.O. Box 890, Barron Ave,, Plot 3/311, Area 3,
Lilongwe, 36, 22646
Project HOPE is currently seeking a Technical Lead Strategic Information, Strategic to support the USAID-funded Ana Patsogolo (APA) is a five-year activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), OVC caregivers and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Malawi. The objective supports Government of Malawi (GOM) multi-sector strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW, addressing social, behavioral and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive sexual reproductive health (SRH) services to prevent new infections. PEPFAR Malawi’s AGYW activities are implemented through the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, and Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) initiative.
This position is contingent upon award from USAID. *
The Technical Lead Strategic Information Strategic, Strategic responsible for managing all the MEAL related activities for the program. Responsible for implementing M&E systems including indicator targeting, tracking and reporting according to PEPFAR and USAID and government of Malawi standards, managing data collection , ensuring data quality and use, leading impact assessments and a learning strategy. Responsible for ensuring reporting in the Malawi DREAMS database as well as data sharing as and when required.
S/he will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree in public health or Social Sciences, Statistics or any related field.
- A master’s degree or higher in public health evaluation, or related advanced degree is desired.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on monitoring, evaluation and learning for donor funded projects;
- Experience with USAID/PEPFAR as well as strong familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR standards, tools and indicators is highly desirable.
- The proposed candidate must have experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, working with USAID and/or PEPFAR and knowledgeable on reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring and evaluation.
- S/he must have demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of rigorous qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation studies including development of protocols for submission to IRBs
- S/he must have strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and study results and with relevant experience in working in HIV/AIDS.
- Experience with information systems including DHISII highly desirable
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be considered. No phone calls please.
However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
Thank you very much for your interest in Project HOPE.
To apply for this job please visit projecthope.csod.com .