Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Technical Coordinator – Ending Child Marriage (1 position) under PDQ department. The role holder will use their contextual understanding, technical expertise, and relationship building skills to support the quality design and delivery of Save the Children Malawi’s integrated child protection programming especially in ending child marriage and reducing teenage pregnancies. The post-holder will be responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of interventions on ending child marriage and reducing teenage pregnancies in Abwenzi A Ana (AAA) program, as well as child protection in general as a cross-cutting issue in all the five thematic areas of AAA. As such, the post holder will work closely with program operations team and thematic leads for AAA in Ntcheu as well as other projects at national level. The program strategy mainly focuses on ‘system strengthening,’ of an integrated child protection and child rights system that provides a holistic approach in ending child marriage as compared to piece meals, and provides the required care, protection and justice to children at all levels within the socio-ecological model; (i.e. from family, household, community and society). The holistic approach of ending child marriage and reducing teenage pregnancies in AAA has taken into consideration skills-building in entrepreneurship, life skills, Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and child protection in order to build strong and emotionally resilient adolescents.
With technical support from the Senior Technical Adviser for Child protection and Child rights governance, the post holder will also steer the implementation and effective delivery of the common approaches in Save the children as well as support with national advocacy and influencing, while driving strategic partnerships for new business development and cross sharing of lessons with other programs/teams and partners.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor’s degree level in social sciences, sociology, social work, or relevant field
- At least four years’ experience in a related field.
- Strong child protection background and experience, especially with demonstrable skills in implementing interventions on ending child marriage with a ‘systems strengthening’ approach
- Wide experience with demonstrable skills in conducting child protection case management, including child marriage case management, referrals and linkages
- Practical skills in working with young people in adolescent sexual reproductive health rights and services
- Wide experience in working in collaboration with government departments and key child protection and child rights structures both formal and informal
- Demonstrable skills in conducting child rights advocacy and social accountability of duty bearers on issues of child marriage
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and hardworking circumstances.
- Ability to write clear project reports (both narrative and financial) as well as updates
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description