Technical Advisor I-Resilience – ( 210000M0 )
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will provide technical advice and support in your core areas of expertise for the design and implementation of integrated programming focused on strengthening resilience in Malawi in your core areas of expertise for the design and implementation of integrated programming focused on strengthening resilience in Malawi in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will advance climate resilience, food security, and sustainable livelihoods in Malawi and ensure effective, adaptive and innovative programming. This position is contingent upon funding..
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
· Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
· Good technical writing skills
· Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
· Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
· Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Supervisory Responsibilities : None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal Reports to the Chief of Party. Supervises project implementation staff (officers).
External I mplementing partners, government and sector stakeholders
· Master’s Degree in relevant field required.
· Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in resilience programming.
· Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in Resilience. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
· Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
· Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
· Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis
-Expertise and experience in a technical role in at least one of the following areas. Applicants should indicate their core areas of expertise in their cover letter.
· Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer :? This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
: Technical Programming
: Catholic Relief Services
: Individual Contributor
: Day Job
: Yes, 50 % of the Time
: Sep 28, 2021, 11:41:26 AM
To apply for this job please visit crs.taleo.net .