The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate Pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care.
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence?based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ?funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position:
Title : System Analyst (4)
Reports To : Senior Business Analyst
Location : Lilongwe
The core purpose of the position is to develop systems of the Foundation through analysis of internal processes, plans, code and flow charts processes, interact with clients to analyze system requirements and recommends technology solution to improve operations of the business.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Duties:
- Developing systems by analyzing internal processes and requirements and translating these into technical specifications
- Analyzing business processes and requirements and proposing technical specifications
- Creating, analyzing and documenting testing schedules
- Creating and delivering training documentation
- Analyzes, plans, determines requirements, designs, builds, and customizes, tests and implements.
- Review Code and flowchart processes
- Provides professional customer support for system-related software and/or hardware issues, needs, or requirements.
- Interacts with clients to analyze system requirements; recommends technology solutions to improve operations.
- Prepares technical documentation, procedural plans, reports, correspondence and other documents; participates on committees and task forces; attends meetings, conferences and training sessions.
- Provides after hours technology support as assigned.
- Interacts with clients to analyze their business requirements and recommends technology solutions; identifies and maps business processes; gathers user requirements.
- Writes application and/or system design specifications, designs application and/or system flow diagrams, schematics, file structures, reports, forms and menus; prepares a definition of the problem, the desired output, and performance requirements.
- Coordinates design, development and implementation processes with system programmers, network analysts, database administrators, and server administrators to implement new or modified application software.
- Performs various system quality assurance activities; tests, troubleshoots and debugs system issues using appropriate technology; prepares and executes testing plans to validate functionality and resolve issues.
- Serves as main client interface on all aspects of application development projects; for software, be part of coordinating team for project activities with stakeholders; maintains effective communications with users regarding stakeholder activities, problems, status, timelines and other details; ensures compliance with County specifications and drives resolution of identified software bugs and deficiencies.
- Conducts training pertaining to the use of new applications or systems for users and/or other information technology staff.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information systems, information technology or a closely related field; direct experience at least (1) year in specific functional area listed above.
- Basic knowledge in Building and maintaining SQL queries, creates SQL stored procedures, or develops SQL extract scripts to populate data warehouse.
- Principles, methods and techniques used in designing, developing, testing and implementing software systems.
- Data processing techniques
- Information system development lifecycle and design principles using flowcharting techniques and prototype development tools.
- Basic project management principles and techniques such as organizing and managing a project, developing schedules, identifying critical paths, and breaking down a project into individual tasks.
- Structured analysis and database concepts.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and process work to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Should have the ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Should have the ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
- Should be able to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of at least three traceable referees, and indicating their availability to take up the position.
Closing date: 14 May 2021
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net .