The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is a center in the University of Washington’s Department of Global Health that works in partnership with the University of California, San Francisco. I-TECH has projects in more than 20 countries, and its worldwide staff work with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other partners to support efficient, well-ordered health care systems that provide high quality care to all citizens. I-TECH Malawi provides technical assistance to the Malawi Ministry of Health and its partners to support human resource development, health systems strengthening, HIV care and treatment, and HIV surveillance for epidemic control.
I-TECH has been privileged to provide technical support to the Government of Malawi Ministry of Health (MoH), since 2008, through seconded senior Technical Assistants, Program Officers and Public Health Fellows.
The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) was established in 2002 at the University of Washington in Seattle. I-TECH is funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Global HIV and TB (CDC-DGHT) under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
MOH through I-TECH Malawi wishes to recruit highly qualified and experienced personnel’s for the following positions
Roles and responsibilities
- Register patients and record details in OPD and other registers as assigned by the head of facility.
- Prepare page and monthly summaries as per instructions.
- Compile data from the various registers, other facilities, and the community for HIV services.
- Receive reports from the community and other facilities within the catchment area.
- Aggregate key data elements in the registers and provide aggregated data sheet showing performance of each section/department.
- Maintain a tracking chart showing reporting status for each department/section of the health facility.
- Support Existing HIV systems egemastercards and POC data and report generation
- Analyze data from the various registers, other facilities and the community
- Prepare and update graphs and charts for key health indicators and display in strategic places within the health facility
- Prepare monthly ART Cohort reports and present the reports to facility management team
- Perform monthly and when necessary daily and weekly monitoring and disseminate information to relevant health facility staff and other stakeholders
- Provide feedback to the sections and departments, health facilities and community where the data originates from
- Undertake training of HAs and other health workers in data collection and report writing
- Participate in Planning and Monitoring Evaluation & Research activities at facility level through coordination of monthly facility reviews
- Maintain data base at facility level
- Submit reports to the designated supervisor and Assistant
- Statistician at District Health Office
- Any other duties as assigned by the health facility on timely basis
- Minimum of Malawi School certificate of Education, those with Diploma Certificate in Computing will have an added advantage.
- Good Capacity to produce reports on time.
- Knowledge of Application packages
Applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV), three traceable referees and relevant copy certificates should be emailed to: [email protected]
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th April 2023. I-TECH Malawi, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all applications. However, only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
For more information about I-TECH, visit our website:
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]