This role was posted on September 24, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
At Last Mile Health, we are all in this together. Do you have experience implementing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives with the desire to create organizational change over a multi-year period? If so, you may be the perfect fit for our Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) position.
The Senior Manager, DEI will be responsible for implementing key DEI projects, initiatives, and interventions by working closely with staff and leadership across Last Mile Health (LMH) to ensure DEI work is deeply embedded into all areas of the organization’s operations and programs. This role, along with the CEO and other key actors, will be responsible for driving forward LMH’s multi-year DEI roadmap. The Senior Manager, DEI will also help monitor and track progress against DEI goals and priorities and will also serve as an internal ambassador and spokesperson for DEI work at LMH. This role will report to the Chief of Staff and will also work closely with the CEO.
This position is open to candidates located in Liberia, Malawi, Uganda, or the Eastern seaboard of the US. Candidates must have work authorization in one of the countries listed above.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as co-chair and program lead for LMH’s Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Advocates (IDEA) team, and coordinate other DEI-related working groups to ensure clear alignment and socialization
- Manage the implementation of DEI related projects, events, training, and initiatives across LMH, ensuring appropriate project management approaches and suitable engagement with internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Collect, analyze, and report on DEI data and evidence collected from internal and external sources to support strategic, operational, and tactical decision making
- Serve as the Last Mile Health internal point of contact for all DEI programming matters and provide support to colleagues involved in and impacted by the DEI agenda at LMH
- Liaise with People Operations in the case of any reported DEI-related complaints/policy violations
- Ensure effective, holistic internal communication and feedback mechanisms around DEI issues reach all staff at the organization
- Lead on the planning and delivery of DEI focused events, training, and organization wide initiatives
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Project management including project design and implementation, stakeholder management and communications planning and budget management
- Demonstrated experience implementing DEI programming across diverse country contexts
- Experience in successfully managing projects related to culture change and/or transformation
- Demonstrable knowledge of equality, diversity, and inclusion resources and best practices
- Ability to analyze data, make data-driven decisions, and communicate findings to a diverse audience
- A strong sense of cultural humility and awareness
- Ability to manage and keep track of complex and multiple workstreams
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have familiarity with implementing DEI programming within the INGO/development sector, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Salary scales are largely based on country-specific costs of labor and acknowledge geographic differences in pay. Indexing pay to country-specific cost of labor ensures that we do not corrupt local talent markets.
Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: Band 3
For the United States the range is: $70,000 to $85,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
For Liberia the range is: $30,000 to $45,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
For Malawi the range is: $35,000 to $55,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
For Uganda the range is: $30,000 to $50,000, dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and currently works in Liberia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone with US offices in Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit lastmilehealth.applytojob.com .