The Senior Business Advisor will provide overall strategic support to the program, serve as a researcher during the diagnostic phase, use personal and professional connections to bring in private sector partners to the program, deliver or supervise training, and serve as a mentor and advisor to the enterprises.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to development of the overall implementation plan, which shall include a tailored plan designed to provide business skills (training & mentorship) to ensure the sustainable growth of conservation enterprises;
- Lead in the recruitment of the enterprises at all levels, conduct due diligence/business diagnostics, and assess and identify capacity constraint challenges being experienced by conservation enterprises and accordingly design, develop, and implement appropriate interventions to address such challenges;
- Facilitate training workshops to drive skills transfer, customize capacity building interventions and mentorship either 1:1 or group, link entrepreneurs with experts/mentors in the sector to help them improve operations and drive efficiency, improve quality and productivity levels;
- Facilitate access to markets and linkages by harnessing existing market access opportunities as well as identifying new channels;
- Identify and work with impactful District-scale stakeholders for the benefit of the enterprises;
- Provide information on the operations of the current model to support the diagnostic and the design of the new model and the development of the new proposal.
- Assist in regular reporting.
- Other duties as assigned and as relevant for the implementation of the project.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Advanced degree qualifications in business-related studies;
- Strong financial analysis and project management skills;
- Personnel management experience required;
- Minimum of five years experience with financial, business development and/or economic or financial analysis in the private sector;
- Experience in financial auditing, business diagnostics, business ratios, business plan development, conducting profit and loss analysis, loan requirements and loan management;
- Ability to quickly grasp the financial health and business needs of a company;
- Ability to translate financial and business needs into projects to be worked on with support from implementing partners;
- Strong presentation skills and ability to advise and coach senior company representatives on business capacity building needs and advice;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills a must;
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports;
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships;
- Ability to identify and understand issues and opportunities, compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, use effective approaches for developing appropriate solutions, take action that is consistent with available facts and probable consequences, communicate with and seek guidance from regional program management team;
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations;
- Proven ability and experience working with teams will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English required;
- Willingness to be based in Lilongwe, ability to travel internationally and to remote rural locations.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com .