Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International Partnership which works in 37 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services.
BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 26 clinics, over 460 outreach sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified person to fill the following position existing in the organisation.
SECURITY GUARD (1)
LOCATION: MCHINJI BLM CLINIC
The job holder shall offer security services to a BLM Clinic in ensuring security for the building and
surrounding to which they are assigned including the equipment, employees and visitors
- Ensuring security for buildings and surrounding to which they are assigned including the equipment, employees and visitors
- Enforcing rules and regulations, governing entry or exit to the clinic facility.
- Directing traffic, both on foot and on vehicle to designated officers.
- Conducting periodic inspection of all areas at designated times to ascertain their security and safety.
- Reporting to Management, at the clinic, any incidents which disrupt security order.
- Reporting incidents endangering BLM structures, equipment, employees and visitors as per the company policies.
- Activate security alarm or whistle and respond to fire evacuation procedures in the event of firebreak.
- Keeping lost and found property, which they find at their post and bring to their authorities for safe keeping pending re-claiming by right owners.
- Reporting to authorities all suspicious circumstances/actions.
Qualifications, Experience, Attributes
• Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
• At least two years’ work experience in similar position
• High levels of Honesty and Integrity
• Physically fit
• Good communication skills
• Be vigilant in taking pro-active actions in preventing crime incidents
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and Copies of Certificates including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees to the following address:
The Human Resource Director
Banja La Mtsogolo
P.O. Box 1854
Or email: [email protected] to reach him not later than Friday 8th October 2021.
BLM is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed